suggestion for this forum

Xion44

wouldnt be nice to have a "chatbox thread" here? ive noticed you dont have one created yet. many forums iam on use this thread for everyday chats..people chat about hows their lives are going...or some other neutral event. of course spammers will be clawed to death

thoughts?

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

Yeah I've been on other forums that have something similar. Personally, I think it's easier to just start a new thread each time you want to chat about something only because most people hate rifling through 500 pages of conversation. lol On the other hand, a lot of people tend to want to keep chats to PMs only for privacy reasons, and I can understand that too. Myself, I don't really care where the conversation is held. If I have something to say, I'll say it. lol

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Perhaps a Piriform IRC channel?

I rarely disconnect from IRC :$

[ Status ] I am Op in 16, HalfOp in 6, Voice in 5 and Regular in 3. I have power over 291/727 users, which is 40.03%. It has been 1day 5hrs 41mins 27secs since my internet went out last, and I have been on mIRC for 2wks 4days 4hrs 19mins 59secs. My local time is Friday January 2009 08:31:04. I am running mIRC v.6.35 on Windows XP.

2wks 4days, not bad.

heh.

ack..i dislike IRC. chat thread would suffice..there are no codes or special installment needed.

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.

BigSmile.png

thats the way iam bro. im one of a few out there who dislike IRC as well as IM services.

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

oh when is admin going to act and create said thread..just give a trial run and see how well the community accepts it or not.

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

• Moderators

I don't like this idea.(sorry to be blunt :lol:)

The people on this forum are pretty good about staying on topic when necessary and even when things do stray its usually just a natural progression of the conversation. On a lot of forums they create this topic and then start cutting posts out of topics and dumping them into the "off topic" topic. To me this would generally kill the joy of posting and none of the mods/admins want to turn into "off topic nazis", we've all been on forums with those. :rolleyes:

The lounge is the place to start any topic that doesn't belong in the other technical sections. This has worked fine over the years and it keeps things simple. Those of us that have friends here tend to do personal chat through PMs, I don't like the idea of people making a bunch of posts about what they ate for breakfast or the new toothpaste they are trying out.

• Moderators
oh when is admin going to act and create said thread..just give a trial run and see how well the community accepts it or not.

I doubt if this is going to happen, this is just not a forum where I think this would work. Using pm's for personal chat is a better route I think.

On a personal note, I agree with everything rridgely said.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

a Chat Feature just wouldn't work here as not many users are online here.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

this idea came up after i noticed sometimes i would try leave a reply in someone's profile page and i would never get a response back..except for maybe LuLu does on occassion. one of my strongest points on a forum is, iam very social and try to merge in said forum like this one. of course no one has to force themselves to reply back..sometimes would be nice?

anyhoo, maybe its best to stick with the PM system..just thought lounge area would be best suited for a chat thread..oh well, ive no regrets lol.

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

no not chat boxes..those things are horrible. i meant a chatbox thread. its a plain thread where people can chat to eaach other..going on about anything happening in their daily lives.. but if no one wants it thats fine. ill use the pm system -woot

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png