How to Clean "My Documents" ...?

deedee2

• Moderators

:o:o:huh::blink: What?!?!?! Whyever would you want CCleaner to delete your "My Documents" folder ?!?!?!?

You want to get rid of them Manually delete them.

Ccleaner Cleans the Refuse that Windows Leaves Behind. . . Do realize how many people'd be mad if they ran CCLeaner and their My Documents folder was empty????

Oh goodness I'm going to Throw Up just thinking about it :wacko:

(My apolo to the Moderators but really Poster deserved it :rolleyes: )

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

:o:o:huh::blink: What?!?!?! Whyever would you want CCleaner to delete your "My Documents" folder ?!?!?!?

You want to get rid of them Manually delete them.

Ccleaner Cleans the Refuse that Windows Leaves Behind. . . Do realize how many people'd be mad if they ran CCLeaner and their My Documents folder was empty????

Oh goodness I'm going to Throw Up just thinking about it :wacko:

(My apolo to the Moderators but really Poster deserved it :rolleyes: )

Sorry, I want to CCleaner to Clean out START > MY Documents list.

Does this make sense?

Thanks.

deedee2, I prefer My Documents to be left alone.

How would Crap Cleaner know which document or file needs to be removed?

Just contemplate about all the different languages it would have to be able to read and determine this is crap and should clean it.

I know I write a lot of crap but I doubt they could embed enough intelligence in the application to determine my good stuff from the crap I produce.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

deedee2, I prefer My Documents to be left alone.

How would Crap Cleaner know which document or file needs to be removed?

Just contemplate about all the different languages it would have to be able to read and determine this is crap and should clean it.

I know I write a lot of crap but I doubt they could embed enough intelligence in the application to determine my good stuff from the crap I produce.

(Sorry about my choice of words in my initial post).

Please Read This:

============

I want to CCleaner to Clean out START > MY Documents list.

Can CCleaner do this?

I 'checked' all the Choice Boxes under "Windows Explorer" in CCleaner,

BUT, the START > MY Documents list is still populated.

Can CCleaner clean-up the START > MY Documents list ???

Do you mean My Recent Documents?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Clicking Start > My Documents opens the My Documents folder. The list shown, if you're using that viewing option, is the only index to your personal files. I think there's some confusion about what you actually want to delete. Not the files held in the My Documents folder, surely?

If you do want to do this then open the folder, click on the first file, hold the shift key down, and click on the last file. Then press delete. But no, you don't want to do this. You can't want to do this. Don't do it. You really don't want to do this.

Clicking Start > My Documents opens the My Documents folder. The list shown, if you're using that viewing option, is the only index to your personal files. I think there's some confusion about what you actually want to delete. Not the files held in the My Documents folder, surely?

If you do want to do this then open the folder, click on the first file, hold the shift key down, and click on the last file. Then press delete. But no, you don't want to do this. You can't want to do this. Don't do it. You really don't want to do this.

I want to Empty the LIST that is displayed when I click on START>MY DOCUMENTS in Win Xp.

I do NOT want to Delete the actual Files.

Will CCleaner do this?? How ??

Thanks.

• Moderators
I want to Empty the LIST that is displayed when I click on START>MY DOCUMENTS in Win Xp.

I do NOT want to Delete the actual Files.

On my system that opens the actual My Documents folder, so removing them would remove the actual files.

If we're misinterpreting what you're wanting, the only way to clear this up is to make a screenshot, then open it in Paint and paint an arrow to what you're talking about, or paint a circle around it. If you need to learn how to post screenshots please view these instructions.

On my system that opens the actual My Documents folder, so removing them would remove the actual files.

If we're misinterpreting what you're wanting, the only way to clear this up is to make a screenshot, then open it in Paint and paint an arrow to what you're talking about, or paint a circle around it. If you need to learn how to post screenshots please view these instructions.

Thanks for the link. If I may I will try one last time.

When i click START > MY RECENT DOCUMENTS, it shows Empty.

That is what I want when I click START > MY DOCUMENTS. It should show Empty.

I do NOT want to delete the actual files.

I just want the LIST of files to be Empty when I click START > MY DOCUMENTS.

I want the START > MY DOCUMENTS to be populated with nothing.

Again, thanks for your time.

• Moderators

Is this the sort of thing you want ?(taken from Kelly's Korner).......

Remove the My Documents Folder from the Start menu

If you do not want to display My Documents on the Start menu, follow these steps:

Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties. Click Customize. Click the Advanced tab.

In the Start menu items list, under My Documents, click Don't display this item, and then click OK twice. The next time you click Start, the My Documents folder is no longer displayed on the Start menu.

NOTE: Removing the My Documents folder from the Start menu does not remove the files stored in the target location of the My Documents folder.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

DD, this does not make sense. Clicking on Start>My Documents opens a folder showing real live files. They are not links, or shortcuts, or anything but real live files. Even if there were some way of not displaying these files, what would be the point? You may as well just close your eyes. Needless to say CC will not do what you apparently want.

You could, by right clicking on Start>My Documents and selecting properties, change the folder that is referenced, and get it to point to another folder with no files in it. This would not show any files in My Documents, and would be beyond my comprehension.

I think there must be some great misunderstanding here.

Is this the sort of thing you want ?(taken from Kelly's Korner).......

Remove the My Documents Folder from the Start menu

If you do not want to display My Documents on the Start menu, follow these steps:

Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties. Click Customize. Click the Advanced tab.

In the Start menu items list, under My Documents, click Don't display this item, and then click OK twice. The next time you click Start, the My Documents folder is no longer displayed on the Start menu.

NOTE: Removing the My Documents folder from the Start menu does not remove the files stored in the target location of the My Documents folder.

PERFECT !!

Thank you all, and my apologies for not stating my problem correctly.

Regards.

DD, this does not make sense. Clicking on Start>My Documents opens a folder showing real live files. They are not links, or shortcuts, or anything but real live files. Even if there were some way of not displaying these files, what would be the point? You may as well just close your eyes. Needless to say CC will not do what you apparently want.

You could, by right clicking on Start>My Documents and selecting properties, change the folder that is referenced, and get it to point to another folder with no files in it. This would not show any files in My Documents, and would be beyond my comprehension.

I think there must be some great misunderstanding here.

Yes, a misunderstanding indeed. Hazelnut's solution is what I wanted: I should have just said I do not want the MY DOCUMENTS to be shown - I didn;t know that could be done so never thought of it.

Thanks you.

• Moderators

Ok cool glad that's all cleared up

B):rolleyes:

I had confusion :( glad I wasn't the only one.

For anyone reading this Thread in the future

The Long and Short of it is this

in xp (and Vista and probably win7) You can expand "My Documents" this shows the ACTUAL files in your MyDocuments Folder (NOT LINKS LIKE IN RECENT DOCUMENTS BELOW IT)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I actually use the 'my docs' link from the start menu quite a lot.

I use it to have access through it to any text docs I have of certain 'fixes' without leaving the desktop, and to open a certain picture folder quickly it's hard to beat.

It's strange really, everyone seems to use their computer in a different way. :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I actually use the 'my docs' link from the start menu quite a lot.

I use it to have access through it to any text docs I have of certain 'fixes' without leaving the desktop, and to open a certain picture folder quickly it's hard to beat.

I do as well

It's strange really, everyone seems to use their computer in a different way. :)
But I have seen stranger things like hammering in a nail with the heel of a shoe and trying to open a can of soup with a small pocket knife.

IE7Pro user