Administrator account

tomcatonnet99

shouldn't the one and only account on a computer also be the administrator account, coz there's no way of accessing certain files on the computer without logging in as administrator and the only way to log in as administrator is to go into safe mode! Isn't it? or am i missing something here....

If you are the only person using the system then you are correct but if there are other users then they need a Limited User account so that they can't download something nasty and install it when you are not looking.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi Kenny, thats right! I thought the same but there are certain files in my computer\documents - now this is not accessible! says 'access denied' and yes! I'm the only user and hence there are no other accounts , not even guest accounts... having mentioned that I do have my system on a wireless router based home network but I don't see as to why that should be the issue when the said folder is accessed locally!?

any ideas?

( its WinXP Home edition we're talking about :) )