Defraggler Shell Extension

Lite

To Andavari

REGEDIT4

; Defraggler Shell Installer

;

; Installs Defraggler into the context menu/shell.

;

; Made by: Andavari

; Downloaded from the Piriform Forums at: http://forum.piriform.com

; Defraggler is a ? Copyright of Piriform Ltd. All rights reserved.

; Web: http://www.piriform.com

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Defraggler]

@="Defraggler"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Defraggler\command]

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Defraggler]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Defraggler\command]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe /S %1" <--- Incorrect!

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe\" /S %1" <--- Correct!

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Defraggler]

@="Defraggler"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Defraggler\command]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe /S %1" <--- Incorrect!

@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe\" /S \"%1\"" <--- Correct!

Please Repair this!!!

• Moderators

Please don't shout in your posts with big red text, it's considered rude on forums.

Incorrect on what OS? And if you have a proposed fix tell me what it is.

They work fine in Windows XP, and even some of the members on here that have used it haven't reported anything.

• Moderators

You must not be using the one I have provided for downloading, you can only get the official download located here:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17287

Indeed what you've listed is incorrect as there are back slashes where they don't go, that isn't my doing. The original isn't made like that.

Here is what it's supposed to look like:

REGEDIT4; Defraggler Shell Installer; ; Installs Defraggler into the context menu/shell.; ; Made by: Andavari; Downloaded from the Piriform Forums at: http://forum.piriform.com; Defraggler is a ? Copyright of Piriform Ltd. All rights reserved.; Web: http://www.piriform.com[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Defraggler]@="Defraggler"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Defraggler\command]@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe\" \"%1\""[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Defraggler][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\Defraggler\command]@="C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe /S %1"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Defraggler]@="Defraggler"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Defraggler\command]@="C:\\Program Files\\Defraggler\\df.exe /S %1"

I also checked all the downloads and they have matching MD5 Checksums:

MD5 Checksum (Defraggler_Shell.zip): 34F4245E34084152EB8320C2FB12F36D

The path in quotes - a rule of a good tone. If the path contain spaces, then the command line without this quotes can be interpret incorrectly.

Do you guarantee that your case always will work normally?

Bright example - Opera 9.63. Developers have forgotten to put inverted commas in transfer of a command line. Try to use oGet on Opera 9.63 and you will see this:

ogeterrorhe1.png

In this case (Defraggler) all work fine, but...

I thought it it is known to everyone who is not only the user.

If don't trust me, then look at registry entries from known software products like: Adobe Reader 9, Foobar2000, Foxit Reader, Nero, WinDJView, WinImage, Wordpad))), Daemon Tools, Media Player Classic, Photoshop, and so on.

Well... I have warned you.

• Moderators

You haven't really warned me with anything because the .reg file you posted is not exactly as the download provided. I know this because I looked at your post with the original reg file open in Notepad when I noticed the errors in your post. So don't waste my time with something if you aren't even going to post what was in the original file, you've listed a modified file.

Do I gaurantee that in my case it will work perfectly - it works on my system, hell I even re-tested it after your post and it still works on my system, you even have the post by another user in this very thread that states it works. As with all software and add-on's there is no gaurantee things will work perfectly with each every system, and are you sure you don't have some security software blocking the installation of .reg files, etc., or is the merging of .reg files broken on your system which seems to be a bug that bites some people which is evident when looking through the forums.

Since you have it in your head that it's completely broken feel free to fix it on your end but good luck with it because it probably won't work once you start changing things.

To prove a point take another look at the reg file, all of the commands needed are indeed wrapped in quotes. And Defraggler must be installed into the original path suggested by the setup file!

Edit:

Post was edited at 4:17pm CST, please re-read if you read it before that time.

I don't say that this shell extension don't work. I just say that this is possible.

About REG. This is your original REG file, but with added strings. Where is "<--- Incorrect!", that is original string. Where is "<--- Correct!", that is modified by me string.

By the way, I use shell extension already for a long time, have made it myself (place Defraggler to another place ) and at here did not look at all. As you can see I only recently here were registered. Passing by has decided to look.

I simply wished to give advice, that's all.

You can delete a topic.

Anyway thanks. As my first topic has remained without the answer. Heh)

P.S.

Why Defraggler don't have this option built-in?

• Moderators

I don't know how to fix it to work for your system, since you're obviously having issues with it. The only other advice I can give is to modify it to work with your system. I highly recommend making a System Restore point first since one single mishap can making opening drives, etc., a nightmare to fix if you get something wrong.

Why Defraggler don't have this option built-in?

I wish it was built-in with a properly registered shell extension. Possibly something to request as a feature in the Defraggler suggestions thread. ;) I myself for on the spot quick files only defragmenting prefer just right clicking stuff because it's much faster than loading a GUI.