Very sweet Hostsman program

englishmen

Check this little app out its called Hostsman and allows you to manage a host file. From with in the program you can download 4 hosts files and update them separately then merge them together it will then block adverts known bad sites, some adware, spyware, torjans etc. It works so good at blocking adverts i have got rid of adblock plus for firefox and still no adverts, Sweet. The best thing is that no program actual runs while the adverts etc are being blocked hostsman is just a manger for the hosts file. It also blocks the above mentioned stuff system wide i.e. all adverts etc blocked from all web browsers :D .

ok i got this but i had problems that i could not find answers to in the fAQ. when i click update it says one is available but nothing happens it does not download it. also i cannot see all of the main screen as it not big enough

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

When you click check for updates it will check, you then have to click the download button next to the cancel button to download. You say you cant see all of the main screen how do you mean? maybe you could post a screenshot via Imageshack?

Also in the update bit of options i recommend you click each host file mvps, mikes etc and update them individualy then merge them together to get the most out of the host files.

This is what hostsman should look like:

image12zs.th.png

well i dont think it matters now i used one of the links on that wiki page and my hosts now has 120000 entries. just a coincedence but i have the same wallpaper as you

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am