"Window Size/Location" and "Custom Folders" cleaning option broken

Acensii

Hey. I have Vista Home Premium SP1 and when I use the "Window Size/Location Cache" and "Custom Folder" cleaning options my windows and folders remain exactly the same. I could have sworn it worked in the past, although maybe it's because most of my folders were following default settings that I didn't notice these options not working.

So does anyone else have this problem with Vista? Are these cleaning options supposed to work with Vista?

So does anyone else have this problem with Vista? Are these cleaning options supposed to work with Vista?

Hi Acensii,

Thanks for taking the time to join the forums to let us know. Welcome to the forums !!! :D

This is interesting as I have not heard any other reports related to "Window Size/Location Cache" Advanced cleaning options problems or differences. There certainly could be differences in Vista but I have not heard of any.

Custom Files and Folders is only turned on to activate the Include option as far as I know. What difference are you referring to ?

I use WinXP Pro SP3 but I would appreciate learning of any differences for Vista. :) davey

I decided to try again to give you more info. I used those cleaning options again and I've noted which folders have their sizes and locations reset to default, and which don't:

Pictures and Documents go back to default.

Music, Computer, [user folder], Control Panel, etc. don't go back to default.

So that's what works and what doesn't work with "Window Size/Location Cache".

Now onto the "Custom Files and Folders" cleaning option:

As far as I can see it didn't do anything this time round. Column widths and View type (details, icons, etc.) I don't think changed in the slightest.

So to sum up, the "Window Size/Location Cache" cleaning option works haphazardly at best and the the "Custom Files and Folders" cleaning option doesn't seem to work at all. At least for me it doesn't. I'm not sure about how it works for others with Vista.