CCleaner removing my startpage

prashant

Hi, I am using CCleaner v2.15.815. Till the previous udate my startpages on Mozilla Firefox were intact, but with this latest version v2.15.815, the start pages are removed & the browser goes back to the Mozilla homepage. How do i change this? Please do let me know asap.

thx, regards,

Prashant.

• Moderators

I'm on the same CC version and I don't lose FF's home page. I have all options except Saved Form Ifo ticked in CC'c Firefox options. What version of FF are you using?

I'm on the same CC version and I don't lose FF's home page. I have all options except Saved Form Ifo ticked in CC'c Firefox options. What version of FF are you using?

Hi, I am using FF 3.0.5M same here, all options selected other than 'Save Form' option. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem? Any ideas on what could the problem be?

• Moderators

Hi prashant, after having a look around, a couple of options to try to ascertain if it's a CCleaner problem or a FF 3 one.

Do you have an addon called Torbutton installed. If so this can cause this loss of homepage details.

Second, try deleting your cookies.sqlite file, then restart Firefox and log on to, or reset, your homepage. This has fixed the problem for others, so is worth a try. That file can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dpgnrheh.default

The bold highlighted name may be different, although I'm not 100% sure of that.

If you still have the problem, post back.

... I have a local start page on my computer, and if I was running FireFox and my page got deleted, then I would restore my page, and use the CCleaner >> Ignore option, and add the startpage file name to that ignore list.

... I used CCleaner for the first time today and liked it. I did add some stuff of my own to the ignore directorys and lists, list.

... If you ate today, thank a farmer !

... If you enjoy your freedom, thank a Vet !