Windows 7 build 7000

spelbynder

Anyone currently using it? Tried it out and given up in disgust? Think it's the best thing since XP? Waiting for the "official" public beta release later this month? Waiting for the official final release? Not going to bother, Win98SE is perfectly fine thanks very much?! :lol:

It's not so bad :)

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

why is Windows 7 coming out so soon? i mean really? why bother releasing Vista? how far will Microsoft go to piss us off on having to reinstall a OS? i'll stay with Vista for along... long... time!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators
why is Windows 7 coming out so soon? i mean really? why bother releasing Vista? how far will Microsoft go to piss us off on having to reinstall a OS? i'll stay with Vista for along... long... time!

Its coming out so soon because vista has PR issues(among other things).

They are releasing windows 7 in hopes that people will forget about vista fast.

wow, another mistake like Windows ME. this is embarrassing and mostly disappointing. i have no problems with Vista. Runs fine and has all features i need or less features i don't... need <_< i've seen Demos of Windows 7 and the new Thumbnail feature and the Aero shake feature seem pretty nice. hmm... i wonder if Vista users will be able to upgrade? like without formatting and having to backup Files :mellow: i plan on staying with Vista till Windows 7 prices go down when it's released.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

wow, another mistake like Windows ME. this is embarrassing and mostly disappointing. i have no problems with Vista. Runs fine and has all features i need or less features i don't... need <_< i've seen Demos of Windows 7 and the new Thumbnail feature and the Aero shake feature seem pretty nice. hmm... i wonder if Vista users will be able to upgrade? like without formatting and having to backup Files :mellow: i plan on staying with Vista till Windows 7 prices go down when it's released.

I, also like you, love windows vista. I also think that the task bar of Windows 7 is not very appealing.

I will not be switching to Windows 7, I like my OS the way it is now. :)

idk, i was looking at some demos of the new thumbnail feature and it has interest me a little. Microsoft has made actual icon shortcuts (similar to the start Menu/All Programs) this replacing the old Taskbar with the new improved one. remember when you had lots and lots of the same Apps. going or downloading lots of files and they all would group up? well, with this new Taskbar it's slightly different take a look

• Moderators

Probably so they can complain about a new OS full of possible issues. I'll be staying with XP until it starts rotting and smelling funny. ;)

Probably so they can complain about a new OS full of possible issues. I'll be staying with XP until it starts rotting and smelling funny. ;)

Glad I'm not the only one. lol

My cousin and uncle both have Vista on their laptops and say they have nothing but problems. I think I've finally convinced them to replace it with XP.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

I'm happy with XP and I can't afford a Vista capable system as silly things like food and rent keep getting in the way.

I don't play the 649 Lottery so I ain't gonna get rich this way.

I don't have any rich relatives so I ain't gonna get rich this way.

Listening to the Beatles Revolution on tropicalglen.com through Soundblaster and Logitec R-20 speakers.

Only 5 months until nice weather here and I can go out without donning heavy clothing.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Vista has grown to me and i have no problems. i guess some people do get confused on how Xp and Vista are so different in the GUI aspect <_<

I actually love vista. did a reinstall of xp on my laptop awhile back and i ended up going back to vista. once windows 7 comes out ill get another laptop, give this one to the kiddos and give it a shot. :)

• Moderators
Coming from you, that's pretty scary.

Not really, I just haven't followed anything Microsoft has been doing with it other than the few random links someone may post on the forums here about it. :rolleyes: Can you tell I'm excited about it. :P

I like the part in the demo that states "You can interact with the computer using only your fingers" Have I been missing some fun?

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

i was thinking... why has Microsoft named this OS Windows 7? they're not counting Windows 3.1? yeah, 3.1 wasn't really sold to public i don't believe but still.

3.1, 95, 98SE, ME, 2000, Xp, Vista, (Upcoming) Windows 7. that's 8! lol :mellow:

Windows 98 doesn't count since SE came out like few months after.

• Moderators

Yeah 3.1 was sold to the public. :lol: I have a computer in the closet that runs it. :P

The only thing I remember about that computer is that it had a funky display mode that would open all windows into a window pane/grid looking thing. I dont think it even has a modem in it. Hmm...

I'm looking forward to windows 7 for one reason: netbooks. Microsoft says they are going to make it able to run optimally on these systems which means its going to have to run good on a 1.6ghz, 1gig ram system. That means you may actually be able to run windows 7 without upgrading your hardware/buying a new pc. It also means that the potential is there for the thing to run great on cheap/moddest hardware.

However if MS fails at this then they will have to keep xp(netbooks are the main reason xp is still being sold), if they do neither then they will lose a pretty fast growing market, these things are selling like hot cakes and are already being sold with custom linux distros on them. MS cant screw this up.