Dell Laptop 700m

Newhotness

i have a 700m Dell Inspiron laptop, and the screen changes brightness based on whether it is plugged in to AC or if its running on batteries, does anyone here know how i change that setting? I've googled it and checked on dells site, but nothing so far. thankx for the help.

It's not actually a problem, it's a feature. It changes the brightess, as stated, according to whether AC power is applied or not.

The only way to change this is if your dell BIOS has support for changing it. Boot up and tap F2, or F10, or whatever the hell key it wants you to tap to get into BIOS/SETUP. If it's not in there, and you have the latest BIOS revision, then you can't change this feature.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

thankx for all the suggestions,

i just googled the issue using different words and to my great shock, the issue seemed to be on another forum...the guy there said that dell's have a keyboard shortcut which adjusts the contrast, and as it turns out, if you adjust it while unplugged then it saves the changes and now everythings working great, thankx for the help

power consumption... dimming the screen just a few notches saves battery life considerably, and that was the point.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)