Something silly to try in Firefox

Andavari

:lol: That's quite snazzy. :P

I love silly things like this in software. :D Shows a more informal/funny side to these big companies. Take Google Chrome for example, when uninstalling it says in brackets: 'Something we said?' :P

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

I've got Firefox 2.0.0.18 and I get "bad URL".

Damn.

Would you like for me to send you a screen shot via PM (so that it doesn't ruin the surprise for others)?

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

• Moderators
They said that about 2.0.0.19 lol

Visit the what's new page and you'll see their "warning." Luckily 3.0.5 is the first installation version of FF that hasn't given me any problems as of yet, and the last thing I want to do is use a version 2 build that won't get updated due to exploits.

• Moderators
Visit the what's new page and you'll see their "warning." Luckily 3.0.5 is the first installation version of FF that hasn't given me any problems as of yet, and the last thing I want to do is use a version 2 build that won't get updated due to exploits.

After all your trials and tribulations in the past with Firefox, any version working fine on your PC just has to be OK. I will upgrade forthwith.

• Moderators
After all your trials and tribulations in the past with Firefox, any version working fine on your PC just has to be OK. I will upgrade forthwith.

Indeed my PC is very finicky with Firefox, however that could be the old ATI display card issues that was supposedly fixed aeons ago but I'm not so sure about that. Of course you know my tribulations with Firefox and I actually tried version 3.0.5 as a last ditch attempt to thwart off migrating to IE which I seriously didn't want. I must have had luck on my side with 3.0.5, but I still don't like how clunky and slow the Tools->Options are.

On a side note at least Kempelton Theme doesn't have me missing Winstripe one bit.

• Moderators

Installed 3.0.5 last night, and the difference between this version and the initial V3's I tried is quite dramatic. I have to say, for me, this is running better than any previous version of Firefox.

Opera is still my No1 choice, but this is damned good, and I like that theme.

• Moderators
Installed 3.0.5 last night, and the difference between this version and the initial V3's I tried is quite dramatic.

There really is a night and day difference between the first couple of version 3 releases.

I have to say, for me, this is running better than any previous version of Firefox.

Please don't jinx us yet. :P I hope future versions also work as good. ;)

Installed 3.0.5 last night, and the difference between this version and the initial V3's I tried is quite dramatic. I have to say, for me, this is running better than any previous version of Firefox.

Opera is still my No1 choice, but this is damned good, and I like that theme.

Totally agree. I love Firefox but have been avoiding V3. And I didn't think it supported the theme I treasure (there's a boring pun here, available only to the terminally bored, or else the excessively sharp witted) But since Andavari has gone with it and it supports Kempelton, I've gone with it.

Woody

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse