Defraggler and very large drives

Garrett D.

Hello,

First off, I want to say that I am very impressed with the performance of defraggler. I have used it on several computers at work, and it runs much faster than the windows defragmenter. I especially like the price! :)

The issue I have is at home, I have a large RAID array of 1.8TB, defraggler does not appear to be able to do anything to it. If I click analyse, it'll start to analyse, the "defrag" button will be grayed out, and the "pause" and "stop" buttons will appear, but then after about a second, it will stop.

I tried just running a defrag run, and defraggler crashes, bringing up the Microsoft Error Reporting screen.

Also, another point, when I open Defraggler up, it only detects my C: drive. The D: RAID array does not appear until I click on Settings --> Options, and then I have both my drives.

To be fair, Windows Defragger also has issues defragging my RAID array, taking a very long time, and using a LOT of RAM (600 to 700MB)

I tried running it on my system drive, and it runs well, I have no complaints.

Is there anything I can do to fix the issue here? Or is it "just the way it is"?

Thanks for your time!

-Garrett