Delete Folder & Contents

pmokover

Check the new release 2.15 :P

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

CCleaner v2.15.815

[*]Added command-line secure deletion.

e.g. CCleaner.exe /delete "folder*.*|MyFile.txt"

with this option you can do that... ;)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

right now only from the command line... maybe the suggestion will be better if you describe that the option will be select if you wanna delete the entire folder (with its content) or just the files inside it when you add a folder to the include list... ;)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

right now only from the command line... maybe the suggestion will be better if you describe that the option will be select if you wanna delete the entire folder (with its content) or just the files inside it when you add a folder to the include list... ;)

I tried the command line /delete feature and it deletes the contents of the folder but not the folder itself so it is essentially the same as adding the folder to the include list. Is that the way /delete is supposed to work (delete the contents but not the folder itself)?

Peter

• Moderators

Well, that's the way it does work. The only way I've found of deleting a folder is to nest it in another folder and then specify that folder, but that might be defeating the object.

Well, that's the way it does work. The only way I've found of deleting a folder is to nest it in another folder and then specify that folder, but that might be defeating the object.

Yes, that would defeat the purpose.

So, I will clarify my original suggestion: On the Options|Include screen I would like a new option to specify that the contents of a particular folder should be deleted AND the folder itself should also be deleted.

Peter

Why not just throw the whole folder in the recycle bin? >_>

There are certain folders that keep getting generated over and over again by various programs - for temporary or other useless purposes. These folders always have the same name and are always in the same location. I don't want to have to manually delete them on a daily basis. Since I run CCleaner frequently it would be much easier if CCleaner would just delete the whole folder.

Peter

• Moderators

If they are not on the c drive (in other words, the folder you want to delete is a sub-folder):

Go to Options/Include, Select Add Folder, add the folder you want deleting. When you have added the folder to CC's list, right click on the folder name and select Manual Edit. Remove the \*.* from the end of the folder name and save. Now run the Custom Files and Folders part of CC. The folder and its contents, if there are any, will be removed (the folder is not shown on Analyse, but still goes to folder heaven).

I suggest you test this on a safe folder, as I have just done. I would be a little cagey about deleting a sub-folder in c:\Windows, so do it at your own risk.

If they are not on the c drive (in other words, the folder you want to delete is a sub-folder):

Go to Options/Include, Select Add Folder, add the folder you want deleting. When you have added the folder to CC's list, right click on the folder name and select Manual Edit. Remove the \*.* from the end of the folder name and save. Now run the Custom Files and Folders part of CC. The folder and its contents, if there are any, will be removed (the folder is not shown on Analyse, but still goes to folder heaven).

I suggest you test this on a safe folder, as I have just done. I would be a little cagey about deleting a sub-folder in c:\Windows, so do it at your own risk.

That seems to work! Thanks. It will be very useful.

Peter

• 4 weeks later...
That seems to work! Thanks. It will be very useful.

Peter

An update...

It appears that if the folder in marked Read Only CCleaner will not delete it. I would like the option of having it delete the folder (and contents) regardless of how it's marked (read only, hidden, system).

Peter