Error restoring Registry

diabrams

Sorry, I didn't see your post above mine.

The entries not merging only belong to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section of the registry. Could you please navigate to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regedit] > right-click and select export > save the file to your desktop > right-click the file on desktop > select 'edit' > then copy and paste the file in your reply. Also, do the same for [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile].

You can check your permissions settings for regedit and regfile by looking at this picture.

t2475_regeditregfiles.jpg

Last, but not least....I'm interested in the following entries that are showing in your Event Viewer.

Error 12/17/2008 10:18:27 AM MsiInstaller None 11706 Dxxx xxxxxx PC191762682119

Warning 12/17/2008 10:17:08 AM MsiInstaller None 1001 Dxxx xxxxxx PC191762682119

Warning 12/17/2008 10:17:08 AM MsiInstaller None 1004 Dxxx xxxxxx PC191762682119

Error 12/14/2008 8:12:03 PM Application Error None 1000 N/A PC191762682119

Please double-click each item listed above one at a time. After double-clicking a little box will open. It the bottom corner you will see what looks like 2 pieces of paper overlapping each other, press on the picture and press CTRL+V in your response.

Your Event Viewer is showing repeated MsiInstaller and Networking errors. Are you having any other problems? I'm curious because your network could contain Group Policies that are interfering with your ability to modify the indicated section of the registry.

Thanks for your patience. Hope all is going well.

K~

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Sorry, I didn't see your post above mine.

The entries not merging only belong to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT section of the registry. Could you please navigate to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regedit] > right-click and select export > save the file to your desktop > right-click the file on desktop > select 'edit' > then copy and paste the file in your reply. Also, do the same for [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile].

You can check your permissions settings for regedit and regfile by looking at this picture.

t2475_regeditregfiles.jpg

Last, but not least....I'm interested in the following entries that are showing in your Event Viewer.

Error 12/17/2008 10:18:27 AM MsiInstaller None 11706 Dxxx xxxxxx PC191762682119

Warning 12/17/2008 10:17:08 AM MsiInstaller None 1001 Dxxx xxxxxx PC191762682119

Warning 12/17/2008 10:17:08 AM MsiInstaller None 1004 Dxxx xxxxxx PC191762682119

Error 12/14/2008 8:12:03 PM Application Error None 1000 N/A PC191762682119

Please double-click each item listed above one at a time. After double-clicking a little box will open. It the bottom corner you will see what looks like 2 pieces of paper overlapping each other, press on the picture and press CTRL+V in your response.

Your Event Viewer is showing repeated MsiInstaller and Networking errors. Are you having any other problems? I'm curious because your network could contain Group Policies that are interfering with your ability to modify the indicated section of the registry.

Thanks for your patience. Hope all is going well.

K~

I can not paste the file you wanted me to send, so I will attach it for you. BTW, the Upload never stopped so I am sending the message anyway

I can not paste the file you wanted me to send, so I will attach it for you. BTW, the Upload never stopped so I am sending the message anyway

You cannot paste the notepad file? Try saving it to your computer, then open and paste.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

You cannot paste the notepad file? Try saving it to your computer, then open and paste.

Here is a notepad version of the file....the notepad version didn't work either. They both show "Uploading File" but never finish.

Here is a notepad version of the file....the notepad version didn't work either. They both show "Uploading File" but never finish.

sheesh!!! :P Maybe the forum board flood controls are messing things up at the moment.

Okay, upload here http://www.imagespeech.com/index.php, then copy and paste the forum link (scroll down the page).

Okay, hazelnut sent me this link http://www.filefactory.com/ and it does say that you can upload "any" file type.

Filefactory is uploading the file, it thinks it will take about 10 min. It wants an email address for me to send it to. If I had an email address to sent it to I could have done that a long time ago :blink:

It seems that the file is 23 meg...seems very big, but that is probably why I couldn't upload it.

• Moderators

You do not need to give an email address that is optional.

When it is finished it will give you a link to copy and paste here on forum and then krit can download it and have a look.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

You do not need to give an email address that is optional.

When it is finished it will give you a link to copy and paste here on forum and then krit can download it and have a look.

Thanks Hazelnut!

I am redoing it and will try again!

Thanks Hazelnut!

I am redoing it and will try again!

Well, there must be something really wrong with my system. I tried Filefactory 8 10 times and it never completed! I then tried a Word document (33K) and got: Uploading. 33 KB of 33 KB done; Calculating time remaining. But it never completed.

I hate to say it, but I MUST surrender!

Thank you for you attempts to help. :(

Well, there must be something really wrong with my system. I tried Filefactory 8 10 times and it never completed! I then tried a Word document (33K) and got: Uploading. 33 KB of 33 KB done; Calculating time remaining. But it never completed.

I hate to say it, but I MUST surrender!

Thank you for you attempts to help. :(

I know I said I had surrendered, BUT I thougt you find this interesting. After all the attempts to uploading via Filefactory I sent them a trouble report. Well, they just sent me an email telling me that the problem was fixed and it should work now!!!!

I tried it and got the link to the file just like Haselnut said I would. I haven't tried it, but here it is

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7abc0c/n/c...;class_root.txt

I wish there was an emoticon for "over the Moon" because I would use it!

I wish there was an emoticon for "over the Moon" because I would use it!

LMAO I bet you would! How about over a rainbow t2479_butterflysmileyface.jpg

btw, sorry for taking so long to get back on here yesterday I got caught up reading the U.S. Code Title 10. Talk about mind numbing reading! :)

Well the file download fine...it seems that you exported your entire HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT which is why the file was so large.

Okay, before doing anything else please navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies], do not expand it just export it then copy/paste the results in your reply. I think you'll have better luck this time :).

Okay, before doing anything else please navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies], do not expand it just export it then copy/paste the results in your reply. I think you'll have better luck this time :).

One more try! I have DSL and with the rains we have a lot of static on the voice portion of the line and the DSL seems a little slow...as a matter of fact, the Broadband light on the router is flashing...UGH. So, my responses might be spotty!

Well here goes anyway...

<a href="http://www.filefactory.com/file/5e96f8/n/policies_reg">policies.reg</a><br />

That policy file only had one key in it. This is what I need...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies] expand this key...when you expand it do you see 'system'?

Hi

I was at first unable to upgrade my Firewall because its installer failed to uninstall the previous version.

It failed because 1000 keys and sub-keys were frozen solid and inaccesible to the firewall.

They were inaccessible to me.

I used RegEdit and it would not let me have access to these keys,

BUT I was allowed access to its parent key which I deleted - but it stayed there because all its children refused to go away.

The solutions I found may well work.

First of all use ERUNT and create a registry backup. If you don''t have a back-up you will regret it

1. The easy way with Registrar Registry Manager, free download at http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Select the key with the problem. It will have a red flag to show Windows wants to keep you out.

Delete it, and the manager gets rid of the problem, then your reg file should merge O.K.

2. The difficult way with Windows Regedit :-

Use Regedit and select the frozen key (or its parent) and export for luck (first stage recovery if needed)

Right click for properties => permissions :- Select yourself (first add yourself if not there)

=> advanced :- Lots of Tabs to choose from, but with perseverance you can take ownership of a key, and by doing suitable things to check boxes controlling "Inherit from parent" and "replace entries of child" you can eventually delete the sorry mess and then you should be able to merge the file you started with (I cannot remember the precise sequence - it took me many attempts a year ago as an intellectual exercise, I won but only just ! )

Regards

Alan