Will CCleaner support K-Meleon in the near future?

PiCo

I found couple of threads actually using the "Search", but they are dated back to 2006. One of the posts there said "there will be support in the next release" ..well, aparrently not :P

Is there any news on this?

I see that Google Chrome is supported and it is a brand new browser, I find K-Meleon to be much more popural!

Thanx!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I found couple of threads actually using the "Search", but they are dated back to 2006. One of the posts there said "there will be support in the next release" ..well, aparrently not :P

Is there any news on this?

I see that Google Chrome is supported and it is a brand new browser, I find K-Meleon to be much more popural!

Thanx!

Mike

I got burried :(

Maybe sb can move it to CCleaner Suggestions? I think it's more appropriate there!

• 1 month later...
You can look through winapp2.ini to see if it's in there, if not you could make your own cleaner for it by studying winapp2.ini.

that's besides the point.. why does a user have to manually edit configuration for their browser? k-meleon has been out there since 2000, it's quite a popular browser albeit being very quiet and you don't see it popping everywhere on websites and you've never bothered to add support for it. as a gecko engine it uses the same cache/history/cookie structure as firefox so it isn't hard to do..in fact it's very easy for a dev, nothing more than adding a few lines in the ini file as you've just mentioned.. yet chrome is just out and there's instant support for it...

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

It's relatively easy to code a cleaner using winapp2.ini, and all a user of an application that wants it supported has to do is code the cleaner for it and post it on the forums. For inspiration look what happened for SRWare Iron support as an example, it isn't hard at all if only a few people work together to make it happen albeit unofficially rather than endlessly waiting for an official cleaner to materialize.

• 2 months later...