Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...

LuLu

• Moderators

We don't have a Christmas tree and haven't bothered putting one up in many years. If I were to put up a tree again it would be one of those minature type that can be put up in about 30 seconds as in popping it out of the box.

I remember from my earlier years filling up a large glass of eggnog and just gleaming at the Christmas tree lights for hours until falling asleep.

If I were to put up a tree again it would be one of those minature type that can be put up in about 30 seconds as in popping it out of the box.

I prefer the Out-Of-Box_Experience also. :) davey

dsc0026sv0.th.jpg

Big image.

Picture from last year. There's a story behind it if anyone wants to hear it.

AJ

How pretty!! So what's the story?

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

Well....when my parents did a partial renovation/partial addition to the house, we added a sun room. This was about three years ago. That first year...we didn't have the flooring in...so we had our old tree in our living room. So two years ago, my parents wanted a bigger tree and to put it in the new room, so they saw some at Home Depot. Well, eventually they went back, and the only one they had left was the one on the floor. Well, my parents asked if they could get it, and they were like yeah you can buy this one. Then we asked, "what about the decorations?" and they said something to the effect of, "Umm let us check." Well, they had some sort of decorator do it, and they said to us, "Go ahead, take it how it is." So me and my dad leaned it onto a cart, rolled it down to the contractors pick up side, and on the way, someone commented "That's the way to do it!" The checkout person was sort of surprised, but she didn't give us any problems.

So we got it into our SUV...with the hatch pulled down with ropes around it so it didn't fall out, and we made the trek home, which is probably at around 5 miles or so. Me and my dad pulled in, took it out, and brought it around the house and put it in through the window!!!! In the end, we broke I think 6 bulbs, and nothing else. It came pre-lit, with the bows and bulbs, and we haven't made any changes. My mom took a picture the first year so we could remember how it looked, and we've fully disassembled it and reassembled it now for the third time i believe. It's in the exact same spot this year, and the picture was on the computer before.

So that's my story :D

AJ

lol That's pretty awesome. Though I think I'd have to decorate it differently each year. I like variety. haha But it really does look good. :)

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

We don't have a Christmas tree and haven't bothered putting one up in many years. If I were to put up a tree again it would be one of those minature type that can be put up in about 30 seconds as in popping it out of the box.

I remember from my earlier years filling up a large glass of eggnog and just gleaming at the Christmas tree lights for hours until falling asleep.

We go with several all over in various rooms, in our bay window, even outside on our deck, some prelit, some we build and cover with bags after Christmas.

Easy and nice year after year.....and no wrestling with a 7' tree.

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.

He's on his way:

Coming up on eastern Europe:

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user