Call me crazy but.....

Before I begin I would like to extend my gratitude to the programmers and dedicated developers who put sincere amounts of time, effort, and hard work in making software like this and distributing it for free...(run on please excuse my English)

********************************************************************************

THANK YOU PIRIFORM :D

Now to speak business. I have often been told or called "crazy" as a tech savy individual I push technology 100% and I always try to innovate great ideas. Without getting into to much detail I will lay out "an idea". Kepping this in mind remember it is only an idea* that I was wondering what anyone would have to say about it.

Q What if all 3 software were combined into 1; I'm probably not the only one out there thinking about this nor am I the only one out there that sees this as a work in progress. Not to be a pain in the a** :angry: but; the only crutch with software now a days is the lack of suites being offer instead of distributing individual softwares. I have opften wanderd why companies do this besides obvious reasons* and if it would be more efficient to compile these great works into 1? :blink:

I know how difficult if not merely impossible it might be but.."it is often the impossible that is possible" :P

Seems like it may be a little bulky.

Sort of like a Swiss Army knife.

Maybe a Nylon toothpick as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Victorinox_Cybertool.JPG

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I think that many people would prefer to have smaller speedy applications that do what they do well. I don't use Defraggler, for instance, and being old school don't want bloaty stuff (AVG 6, 4mb. AVG 8, 50 mb). I know, what about Windows. But I have to use their stuff.

Welcome to Piriform Th3 N3w W041d 04d34.

Q What if all 3 software were combined into 1; I'm probably not the only one out there thinking about this nor am I the only one out there that sees this as a work in progress. Not to be a pain in the a** :angry: but; the only crutch with software now a days is the lack of suites being offer instead of distributing individual softwares. I have opften wanderd why companies do this besides obvious reasons* and if it would be more efficient to compile these great works into 1? :blink:

Not a good idea, Defraggler doesn't work on Win9x/ME. As mentioned is makes the installation package three times as big. They don't like increasing the individual packages by a few kb. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Welcome to Piriform Th3 N3w W041d 04d34.

Not a good idea, Defraggler doesn't work on Win9x/ME. As mentioned is makes the installation package three times as big. They don't like increasing the individual packages by a few kb. ;)

Thanks Keithuk but realistically speaking don't you think if it could be done it would be more efficient?. I mean how many times have you looked for an anti virus software only to find it only covers viruses instead of the whole works? (Spyware,rootkits,malware,worms, trojans, etc...and the list goes on..) IDK Personally speaking I feel as though it becomes really cumbersome having individual pieces of software when if possible* all could be combined into 1.

Do not get me wrong I perfectly understand where you are coming from for I too have experience with the programing world and I know every KB counts but if it were indeed possible would it be for better or worse? :P

Look at where AVG, McAfee and Norton are now.

Big enough to fill the Titanic and we all know what happed to that super ship.

I prefer eating with a knife and fork sitting at a table chewing my food with my mouth closed not a pitch fork and shovel lying flat on my back with my mouth wide open.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Look at where AVG, McAfee and Norton are now.

Big enough to fill the Titanic and we all know what happed to that super ship.

I prefer eating with a knife and fork sitting at a table chewing my food with my mouth closed not a pitch fork and shovel lying flat on my back with my mouth wide open.

LOL!

<offtopic>What episode of Monty Python's flying circus is your avatar from?</offtopic>

Also, I agree with most. I only use CCleaner. And it has a handy small size (if you chose the slim version).

Being that the programs can be scheduled to 'run' I really don't see the need. I like them being separate. However, Recuva as an option to be installed with CCleaner might not be a bad idea. One could uncheck the option of course. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

LOL!

<offtopic>What episode of Monty Python's flying circus is your avatar from?</offtopic>

D. P. Gumby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlKiRPSNGA

IE7Pro user

I think what Th3 N3w W041d 04d34 really is after is a central management console. You can make a Piriform Console that allows you to manage all apps from one centralized location. You just pick which component(s) you want to install. If you don't want a particular component, you don't install it. Also, depending on how you chose to implement such a console, you can make each component a separate installer so users only have to download the components they want.

Personally, I'm happy with just CCleaner but I can see the merit in such a setup.