system tray icon

minidan

Hi,

just a quick one, I have CCleaner running at startup in the background.

I don't need to see that icon, ever.

is there a switch/preference/.ini/ other way to turn it off?

I also prefer to keep my system as bare as possible, so I don't have "hide inactive icons" > "always hide" turned on and don't want to thanks.

if not, what would be the last version before this was introduced? and I will use that instead.

Welcome to Piriform minidan.

I don't need to see that icon, ever.

is there a switch/preference/.ini/ other way to turn it off?

I also prefer to keep my system as bare as possible, so I don't have "hide inactive icons" > "always hide" turned on and don't want to thanks.

if not, what would be the last version before this was introduced? and I will use that instead.

I wondered about that when it was advertised so I played about with it. You only see the icon in the systray if you minimise CC. It was introduced a couple of versions back.

You switch it on on and off in Options/Advanced - Minimise to System Tray. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

which, erm, minimises the icon to the system tray....

there is no difference in behavior whether this option (minimise to systray) is checked or not :blink:

I don't need to see this icon ever the background process is fine as it is, set & forget, that was the beauty of it.

just to confirm, I have set

* run CCleaner when the computer starts

* hide warning messages

* close program after cleaning

and I want to remove the icon displayed with this new version.

I will go back to an old version if necessary but I'd prefer a flag of some kind to revert to the old way. Especially as reverting to v2.10.618 will lose FF3.1 support and there will probably be more to lose in future....

The _ button on the app window will minimize it.

there is no difference in behavior whether this option (minimise to systray) is checked or not :blink:

Well it works for me, not that I'm bothered.

Open CC and goto Options\Advanced. Remove the checkmark on Minimize to System Tray then Minimize CC and you will just see the app in the taskbar. Restore CC and put the checkmark back and minimize again. You will now see no app in the taskbar but the icon in the systray, double-click icon to restore. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

The _ button on the app window will minimize it.

Well it works for me, not that I'm bothered.

Open CC and goto Options\Advanced. Remove the checkmark on Minimize to System Tray then Minimize CC and you will just see the app in the taskbar. Restore CC and put the checkmark back and minimize again. You will now see no app in the taskbar but the icon in the systray, double-click icon to restore. ;)

Hi,

sorry I don't want to be rude but this is getting frustrating... and repeating the same answer to me worded slightly different whilst missing my point totally isn't helping much

running CCleaner at startup should (always has for me anyway!) actually display NOTHING while it's working?

NOTHING on the taskbar

NOTHING in the systray

so to start with I don't even have a "_ button", because the program isn't a tab on the taskbar when minimized to systray and ran at startup, with either display option ticked.

of course if I wish, I can open it from the system tray icon, which then gives me a tab, check minimize to tray and ... well, I'm no further along really now am I??

to be plain - I do not want to see CCleaner in either the taskbar or the system tray (when ran at startup) ok?

which used to be the default behavior some versions ago....

You were saying this makes no difference which to me means your not using it correctly.

to be plain - I do not want to see CCleaner in either the taskbar or the system tray (when ran at startup) ok?

which used to be the default behavior some versions ago....

Anyway PM Mr.G and tell him your problem. :angry:

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

You were saying this makes no difference which to me means your not using it correctly.

Anyway PM Mr.G and tell him your problem. :angry:

Mr.G? ok I will do a search :huh: thanks

Otherwise, could I respectfully just ask that someone else have a go at answering this question (if there is an answer) though? It's not rocket science but for some reason you're not getting it.

Yes indeed, it makes no difference, but not because I am "not using it correctly" (to you) and am a flaming moron but because running CCleaner from startup minimises the app to systray already!

Therefore checking "minimise to system tray" well... it's useless because it's already doing that and furthermore it's not even what I'm trying to achieve but erm, thanks for the suggestion :blink:

Mr.G? ok I will do a search :huh: thanks

Otherwise, could I respectfully just ask that someone else have a go at answering this question (if there is an answer) though? It's not rocket science but for some reason you're not getting it.

Yes indeed, it makes no difference, but not because I am "not using it correctly" (to you) and am a flaming moron but because running CCleaner from startup minimises the app to systray already!

Therefore checking "minimise to system tray" well... it's useless because it's already doing that and furthermore it's not even what I'm trying to achieve but erm, thanks for the suggestion :blink:

I am "someone else". Even if I had an answer I would hesitate incase I caught any flack.

Alan

I am "someone else". Even if I had an answer I would hesitate incase I caught any flack.

Alan

well, as long as you're not about to answer a question I never asked to begin with i.e. "how do I minimise CCleaner to my system tray?"

repeat the "answer" again

accuse me of "not using it correctly"

then pull an "angry face" icon at me and suggest I take my query elsewhere??

you should be fine :lol:

I will look up this Mr.G in the meantime anyway.

have recieved a response, for the sake of closure will repost here

The current version of CC always shows the CC icon when it's running in the background. There's no way to remove it. So far you're the only person that's mentioned it being an issue, but I can understand your requirement for a clean interface smile.gif

I'll forward you detail onto one of the Devs to add a command line parameter in a future version.

All the best

MrG

so there we go :)

I'm cool with that. The end.

• 10 months later...