CD-R

craigathus

Hey guys' I've just installed a (Pioneer CD RECEIVER DEH-2050MPG Compressed audio compatibility WMA & MP3) in my car and I need to know what is the best & easiest "software & format" to use for burning audio tracks to a CD-R disc?

Craig ;)

Personally I prefer CD-RW CDs as they seem to be a bit more reliable and not that much more expensive.

I use good quality CD-RW CDs by Sony as I get them from my local Bargain Store that is real close to me.

I use CDBurnerXP to burn MP3 audio tracks:

http://www.cdburnerxp.se

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi craig. I always use Burrrn, although I only ever burn standard audio cd's, not MP3 cd's.

I've never had a coaster, it burns CD Text (if you want that), and burns gapless tracks perfectly.

Burrrn:

To burn an MP3 or WMA cd you can use Ashampoo (Free Version)

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.75:

Hi Dennis & Kenny ;)

Actually I think that's what I want to do (burn standard audio CD's)

I just want to make "quality" copies of my own CD's to have in the car.

Can't I just use (Windows Media Player 11)? or should I use (Burrrn)?

According to the players instruction manual "Unfinalized CD-R/CD-RW disc playback is

not possible"... so how do I "finalize" a CD-R/CD-RW disk?

Sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:

I plan to get a pack of CD-R's tomorrow and start making some disk's... not coaster's LOL :lol:

I haven't had much... (any) experience making "audio disk's" :rolleyes:

Craig

• Moderators

Burrrn will finalise the cd automatically for you, which means it will play fine, but you can't add anything else to it.

It will also burn a standard cd from mp3 and other file formats, converting the mp3's before the burn. Personally, I use foobar for the converting to wav files first, and Burrrn just for the burn to cd, but you can allow Burrrn to do the whole process if you like.

I tried once using Windows Media Player to burn cd's, but IMO Burrrn is a much simpler and more reliable and effecient cd burner, and as I say, I have never made a coaster with it.

There are other good programs, but after trying quite a few, Burrrn is my app of choice, and for quality, I'd suggest sticking with standard cd's as opposed to MP3 or WMA.

• Moderators

I personally wouldn't use WMA, however if you do it's your choice but do make sure you're encoding them with DRM turned off which is a setting in WMP.

If I were you I'd make a test CD-RW to see if it plays MP3s gaplessly encoded properly with LAME of course from for instance a live recording. If it puts gaps in where there shouldn't be that will be noticeably annoying and if so then the audio CD approach would be a good choice if you don't mind going through a ton of blank discs to burn them, however you could keep your good discs at home and just burn copies for the car.

Edit:

The Burrrn website has been down countless times over the months, therefore a stable download site is at Softpedia:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/...ng/Burrrn.shtml

Thanks again Dennis & Andavari ;)

Like I was saying in my previous post, I just want "quality" as close to original copies of my favorite CD's for use in the car.

I'll give (Windows Media Player 11) a try first, and see what it can or can't do with regards to burning standard audio CD's ;)

I know that WMA & MP3 means compression! and that musical detail is lost "missing" in a WMA or MP3 recording :( , that's something I don't want <_<

Craig

• Moderators
I know that WMA & MP3 means compression! and that musical detail is lost "missing" in a WMA or MP3 recording :( , that's something I don't want <_<

Look into LAME and read the recommended encoder settings for its VBR mode. With LAME you can very easily encode with a transparent setting as detailed in that link.

If you're wanting the best quality on the very first try without playing around:

Grab yourself a copy of EAC and use the recommended secure settings, then dump lame.exe into its folder using V2 ("Preset Standard") as the encoding settings and you'll instantly be set for success on the very first go.

Look into LAME and read the recommended encoder settings for its VBR mode. With LAME you can very easily encode with a transparent setting as detailed in that link.

If you're wanting the best quality on the very first try without playing around:

Grab yourself a copy of EAC and use the recommended secure settings, then dump lame.exe into its folder using V2 ("Preset Standard") as the encoding settings and you'll instantly be set for success on the very first go.

Hey thanks Andavari ;)

I've successfully use CD-R disk's, and made some standard audio CD's with (Windows Media Player 11), No "coasters" :lol:

I'll have a go at using "LAME & EAC"

Craig