An easier way to update versions

gigabayt

Hi!

My suggestion is that we should have an easier way to update. Insteed of going to ccleaners website, find the new version and then download and install, it should just be a function when you start CCleaner like:

A newer version is avaiable, do you want to upate?

Yes or No is your option.

Then it connects to ccleaners server and dwonloads the newer version and then automatical upgrades. Then you start it over and wohoo, CCleaner is newer :D

Whats your opinion guys? I don't have a problem with going to your website and download but my friend, many of them n00bs at this softwares, are having problem and think its annoying to go to your website when there is a new version available ;)

It is already there but you have to instigate it yourself.

t2407_CCupdate.png

I like FileHippo.com Update Checker as it checks for CCleaner updates plus all of the other applications I have installed.

http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker

I have it autostart with Windows and I like to see its wee eyes pop open while it checks for me then disappears if it does not find anything.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Yea ... but self-updating would be much easier for the noobs... ;)

So I support a self-update function with "ask me what to do" and "Automatically Download and install the update" options - just like Firefox!

EM

i use CCleaner weekly

• 4 weeks later...

You guys say this is for the noobs, but any idiot can click "Yes" when it asks to update, and click twice on the website: Alternative Download, and the "download it now instead of waiting five seconds" link.

This feature is completely unnecessary and would just be more work for Piriform that it doesn't need to do.