Firefox cookie file being deleted not cleaned

mjb

Since upgrading to v2.14.750 the Firefox cookie file (cookies.txt) is being deleted, rather than just purging cookies that are not in my "cookies to keep" list. If I uncheck the cookies box in the Firefox application tab it does not delete the file, but then it also does not purge unwanted cookies.

Since upgrading to v2.14.750 the Firefox cookie file (cookies.txt) is being deleted, rather than just purging cookies that are not in my "cookies to keep" list. If I uncheck the cookies box in the Firefox application tab it does not delete the file, but then it also does not purge unwanted cookies.

Hello mjb,

Welcome to the forums !!! :D

Thank you for your report.

Another post has been made also. http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry121708

Can you provide your specs also?

The "bug fixers" will need it. You will probably have to revert back to the prior CCleaner version until the problem is fixed. :) davey

Yes, I saw the other post. It was talking about missing forum cookies, where I wanted to be sure it was know that the cookies.txt file was being deleted. If you run the analyze it shows the file in the "Details of files to be deleted" list, whereas earlier versions just listed the cookies that were to be removed. I'm not sure if the various PC specifications help as I see this occurring across multiple platforms.

XP Professional 32bit (SP3), Firefox 2.0.0.18, CCleaner 2.14

XP Professional 32bit(SP3), Firefox 3.0.4, CCleaner 2.14

Vista Ultimate 32bit (SP2), Firefox 2.0.0.18, CCleaner 2.14

Vista Ultimate 32bit (SP2), Firefox 3.0.4, CCleaner 2.14

Server 2003 64bit, Firefox 2.0.0.18, CCleaner 2.14

Having done some checking I think you've hit on the problem - its the deletion of the cookies.txt file that is causing the problem. Having now gone back to CC2.13 it seems the previous versions didn't delete this file. To prove the point I added that file as an exclusion then ran CCleaner (2.14) with the cookies option ticked and there was no problem.

So it's the cookies.txt file being deleted that is causing this bug (and the one Davey linked to which I posted)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Problem solved... there was a bug in the Firefox 2 code we missed in testing.

Uploading fixed installers now :)

MrG

ok now how do I

reinstall the cookie.txt file it is nowhere to be found on my comp C\ (not there)...Hidden files (nope) :(