Ahhhhhhhhhhh Firefox 1.1 scrapped

englishmen

Not completely, Firefox 1.1 has been scrapped apparently because of the number of features going to be implemented meant a rethink of the version number was needed. So instead of 1.1 they are jumping straight to 1.5 and aiming for a release date of September with a Beta being released in August. Version 2.0 is scheduled for early 2006 with 3.0 set for late 2006. Expected in the release are an automated update system, support for SVG graphics, Sanitize feature and numerous other bug fixes and tweaks.

Awsome, FF is probably the best program i have ever found, besides winamp and CCleaner of course! I just cant immagine adding more features, it already does everythiing i want it to do. plus the extensions are awsome

)corjello(

I think it's just a PR thing, it's taking so much longer than scheduled that they thought it would be better if they made it look like a bigger update by raising the number.

I believe June was the original target.

I'm not complaining, though, I'd much rather they make sure they get it right before release, rather than release a flawed version (like 1.0.5).

1.5 is supposed to correct a lot of the things users have complained about, the ability to update instead of installing complete new versions will be enough by itself to make a big difference.

I'm really looking forward to it. :)