Guns N Roses: Chinese Democracy

rridgely

What songs are you referring to? Wouldn't be 14 Years, Dust N Bones, and Double Talking Jive would it? Guess what that's not Axle singing it's Izzy. Izzy wrote and sang those 3 songs and they are some of the best off those CD's :P

I'm just annoyed with Axle. If he wasn't such a jerk they would still be together and probably have did some great stuff.

That's for sure. What a wasted opportunity they had. Axl killed that band.

• Moderators
What songs are you referring to? Wouldn't be 14 Years, Dust N Bones, and Double Talking Jive would it? Guess what that's not Axle singing it's Izzy. Izzy wrote and sang those 3 songs and they are some of the best off those CD's :P

I'm just annoyed with Axle. If he wasn't such a jerk they would still be together and probably have did some great stuff.

Those aren't what I was referring too(but great songs none the less). You seem to be under the impression that Izzy was the only thing that mattered in the band.. have you heard his solo stuff? His band is called the ju ju hounds, no where near as good as what Axl just released. :D

I was talking more of the differences when he sings really low like in estranged to screechingly high in parts of knockin on heavens door. Then compare those 2 songs with say Mr.Brownstone, its obviously him but hes got a very different sound on each song. This is the reason that when VR toured Scott could sing the lower stuff like Brownstone and Its so Easy but when he tried to do the higher parts in patience it didn't go so well.

• Moderators

Have any one here ever seen the "Behind the Music" episode on GNR? They all had their issues, most of everyone else's was drugs, Axl was more just crazy as all hell. They are rock stars after all, each of them had an ego larger than Mt.Everest and thought they could do better without the others. Turns out none of them could.(I will say though that CD is better than either VR record, and I actually like Scott Weiland)

BTW what a great time for me musically. The new Scott Weiland album is coming soon and so is another one from Paul McCartney. :D

Plus theres rumors for new U2 and Aerosmith early in 09. :D

Those aren't what I was referring too(but great songs none the less). You seem to be under the impression that Izzy was the only thing that mattered in the band.. have you heard his solo stuff? His band is called the ju ju hounds, no where near as good as what Axl just released. :D

I didn't like Izzy's solo stuff at all. Than again he wasn't tryin to do G "N" R stuff. It's not that I think he is all that mattered in the band he just never got the head lines like Axle and Slash. I don't think most realize how much he contributed to the band.

None of the stuff the guys have done since they broke up has done much for me. The sum was definitely better than the parts with this band.

• Moderators
They were just one of those bands where every member is phenomenal but they need each other. For instance Page and Plant together are unstoppable but you switch Plant for David Coverdale and you get crap. :lol:

I have that CD with Page and Coverdale, and it was a waste of money. Some musical marriages are better left divorced.

Why is it that everyone think it is Axl's fault the band split up?

Have anyone really followed the band, or do you guys belive everything that is written about him?

Axl and Slash had different opinions about what music they wanted to do and basicly Slash left and took Matt Sorum and Duff with him. They wanted to make more Appetite(ish) stuff while Axl wanted to go a step further.

If you have seen recent interviews with Slash, it is obvious that he wants back in GNR. He talks about Axl as he is Jesus himself and is a**licking as hell. No bad words there, and it is understandable as VR is never gonna be anything again.

Yes,Axl is eccentric and he have AD\HD and is wierd, but it was not his fault alone that old gn'r broke up!

Axl is a music genious and he has proven that with this record.

I get angry when I see bad reviews only focusing on how long it took to give out this album rather than focusing on the music part. Stupid!!

p.s. I am a big Slash fan(even met him once) but I did not miss Slash a second on this album.

Do I want a reunion? Yes of course I do, and I also think it will happen some day. But until then I am enjoying Chinese Democracy!

• Moderators
Like Paul Rogers and Queen. Gary Cherone and Van Halen. Black Sabbath and Ian Gillan. I better stop I'm going to puke :lol:

I didn't like Queen when they had Robert Plant during some live performance years ago on TV. The guy from Extreme in Van Halen was just blah.

The two Black Sabbath singers I've always liked while Ozzy was off doing his solo stuff were Ronnie James Dio and Tony Martin.

Why is it that everyone think it is Axl's fault the band split up?

Have anyone really followed the band, or do you guys belive everything that is written about him?

Axl and Slash had different opinions about what music they wanted to do and basicly Slash left and took Matt Sorum and Duff with him. They wanted to make more Appetite(ish) stuff while Axl wanted to go a step further.

If you have seen recent interviews with Slash, it is obvious that he wants back in GNR. He talks about Axl as he is Jesus himself and is a**licking as hell. No bad words there, and it is understandable as VR is never gonna be anything again.

Yes,Axl is eccentric and he have AD\HD and is wierd, but it was not his fault alone that old gn'r broke up!

Axl is a music genious and he has proven that with this record.

I get angry when I see bad reviews only focusing on how long it took to give out this album rather than focusing on the music part. Stupid!!

p.s. I am a big Slash fan(even met him once) but I did not miss Slash a second on this album.

Do I want a reunion? Yes of course I do, and I also think it will happen some day. But until then I am enjoying Chinese Democracy!

Oh yeah a reunion would be awesome. They should all just suck it up and make millions. :P