Guns N Roses: Chinese Democracy

rridgely

I've litterally been waiting years for this album and its FINALLY here! You can hear the whole thing on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

There is never going to be another album like this. Its not the best album ever made but it's breathtaking.

I have only heard the title rack so far and it's not bad.

There have been 3 big Metal releases recently, Metallica, AC/DC, and Guns and Roses. I hope the Guns and Roses is better than the other two are.

• Moderators
There is never going to be another album like this.

I'll give it a listen! I doubt another album is going to be like it, it took like what an eternity to make.

Edit: From what I've heard so far this album justifies opening up the wallet and buying the new CD!

Well I will have to disagree with you guys. There were a couple tracks I liked but not anything amazing and the rest were filler to me. The CD sounds like it had a musical vasectomy ;) Axle should get his crap together and get back with the original guys.

Axle is nothing without Slash and Izzy. Take a look at the who wrote many of the big hits on Use Your Illusion I and II. It was Izzy which many don't realize because he stayed in the back ground while Axle made a complete idiot of himself and single handedly destroyed a great band.

• Moderators
Best album I have heard in a loong time period!

@rridgely, happy to hear you like it mate..told you :lol:

After those last previews I was a little worried.

Those mixes were said to be close to finished and the vocals were bad.

This I Love is like November Rain part 2 without the killer solo. But its an amazing song.

The Blues is everything I hoped it would be, I just wish Madagascar lived up to what I had in my head.

Now I just hope this thing sells well so he will make another one. :D

I rarely ever get stoked about an album, but this one is totally gonna be a trip to the store for me! Even bad Guns N Roses is better then good music by a lot of bands!

And rridgely, I think you were in diapers when gnr first came out, but i (and probably andavari too) can recall the awesomeness that it was when appetite came out! lol......i still think its one of the best albums of all time!

My dad likes all the old and good stuff. Big on all those bands---Clapton, Santana, Steve Ray Vaughan, Zeppelin, Hendrix...

He doesn't like a lot of newer stuff, with the exception of the Los Lonely Boys. Saw them in concert, and they kicked ass.

AJ

I rarely ever get stoked about an album, but this one is totally gonna be a trip to the store for me! Even bad Guns N Roses is better then good music by a lot of bands!

And rridgely, I think you were in diapers when gnr first came out, but i (and probably andavari too) can recall the awesomeness that it was when appetite came out! lol......i still think its one of the best albums of all time!

Trust me, I remember it too very well. Been a fan since "Appetite" came out and saw the original band (exept Steven Adler) 4 times and the "new" Guns 2 times.

Actually I heard the "Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide" EP in '86 I think, but it didnt really caught me ears until "Appetite" came out.

"Chinese" is an awesome album, I dont skip a song on it, but still it is more Axl Rose than a real Guns album if you know what I mean.

Anyway, gotta go listen to "Sorry"..later guys :)

• Moderators

I'll leave the in diapers comment alone. :lol:

I remember it very well and the old 1987 Appetite For Destruction recording is still one of my favorites out of 2000+ audio CDs I own.

Well I got a chance to listen to it, and I have to say I LOVE IT! I'm not much for the ballads, but never really was. But there are some pretty good tunes on there that make it worth the purchase!

And 2000 albums? Holy that's a lot! I don't think i even KNOW 2000 albums!

Heard about these releasing their new album on MySpace first, before releasing it on CD. Interesting that they choose to do that.

I won't be buying it, I'll just wait for the music videos. :D I liked most of their songs in the past but I can't see them being all that good now. Am I right in thinking that there's only the lead singer, Axl Rose, in the current band from the original band? :unsure:

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

Am I right in thinking that there's only the lead singer, Axl Rose, in the current band from the original band? :unsure:

Yes you are correct. It's Guns and Roses with a musical vasectomy and it shows. Axle is an idiot and was the weakest link in the band IMO. Now he is the only link in the band. I always liked the songs they did except Axle's screeching which he calls singing. Very overrated CD.

• Moderators
Yes you are correct. It's Guns and Roses with a musical vasectomy and it shows. Axle is an idiot and was the weakest link in the band IMO. Now he is the only link in the band. I always liked the songs they did except Axle's screeching which he calls singing. Very overrated CD.

This is wrong on so many levels. :P

I saw Velvet Revolver in concert(basically GNR without Axl) and they were no where near as good as GNR. This is probably one of my top 5 favorite live performances:

(youtube audio/vid sucks but you should be able to get the idea. :P)

They were just one of those bands where every member is phenomenal but they need each other. For instance Page and Plant together are unstoppable but you switch Plant for David Coverdale and you get crap. :lol:

As far as his voice is concerned I would say he has about 10 different voices and can sing pretty much anything. There is stuff on the illusions albums that doesn't sound like it could be coming from the same guy. :lol: His voice on CD isn't what it used to be but its pretty damn close.

Now as far as his character... that I wouldn't/couldn't argue with. The man is pretty much insane. :lol:

• Moderators
Heard about these releasing their new album on MySpace first, before releasing it on CD. Interesting that they choose to do that.

A lot of artists are doing this now as sort of damage control so that people can listen to the songs without downloading. (since all albums seem to leak before being released to buy)

As far as his voice is concerned I would say he has about 10 different voices and can sing pretty much anything. There is stuff on the illusions albums that doesn't sound like it could be coming from the same guy. :lol: His voice on CD isn't what it used to be but its pretty damn close.

What songs are you referring to? Wouldn't be 14 Years, Dust N Bones, and Double Talking Jive would it? Guess what that's not Axle singing it's Izzy. Izzy wrote and sang those 3 songs and they are some of the best off those CD's :P

I'm just annoyed with Axle. If he wasn't such a jerk they would still be together and probably have did some great stuff.