How to restore what CCleaner removed?

Harry07

Well, yesterday it was D-Day for my PC. I did put the Back-Up back on C. What I saw during the process made me smile a little, all my deleted files popped up again. When it was finished I clicked the IE Button, same Problems! :angry:

It seems impossible to get it fixed. It could be right, you're not able to turn back from IE8 to IE7 again. :wacko:

I'm not a Pro, therefore need accasionally some help.

Regards,

Harry

Well, yesterday it was D-Day for my PC. I did put the Back-Up back on C. What I saw during the process made me smile a little, all my deleted files popped up again. When it was finished I clicked the IE Button, same Problems! :angry:

It seems impossible to get it fixed. It could be right, you're not able to turn back from IE8 to IE7 again. :wacko:

Only other thing I can think of is At Internet Options > Advanced tab Click on Restore advanced options and try IE. If that does not work then At Internet Options > Advanced tab Click on Reset to reset all IE Explorer settings, etc.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. Other than what YoKenny reports below you may also want to review this MS Blog site. I don't know what was on your system when and if you went to SP3. Note all that is said as regards IE6,IE7 and IE8.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/05/0...-and-xpsp3.aspx

All else fails this IE8 Beta site will be helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...ng=en&cr=us

Edited by davey

I think that it is impossible to go back to IE7 after IE8 is installed and I remember reading a warning about it somwhere but I can't find it now.

hazelnut to the rescue?

I like IE8 on this old PIII as it is quite fast.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
You can always go back but it may require WinXP re-install.

I think I'd try this as a last resort before formatting and reinstalling, albeit it is a trial program but it "may help." Definitely worth making a restore point before using it though!!!

Only other thing I can think of is At Internet Options > Advanced tab Click on Restore advanced options and try IE. If that does not work then At Internet Options > Advanced tab Click on Reset to reset all IE Explorer settings, etc.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. Other than what YoKenny reports below you may also want to review this MS Blog site. I don't know what was on your system when and if you went to SP3. Note all that is said as regards IE6,IE7 and IE8.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/05/0...-and-xpsp3.aspx

All else fails this IE8 Beta site will be helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...ng=en&cr=us

Davey, it is not possible to open Internet Options (doesn't work too).

Will check those 2 links.

Regards,

Harry

I think I'd try this as a last resort before formatting and reinstalling, albeit it is a trial program but it "may help." Definitely worth making a restore point before using it though!!!

Thanks! ;) I will try this to when noting seems to work/help.

Regards,

Harry

I am having the same problem :( .... but with mozilla

Ugafan412

It is better to start your own thread, rather than tail-gate a very long pre-existing thread,

especially since it is probably that your problems with Mozilla are unrelated to the problem here with IE8.

This is also MUCH better for you.

Any thread with zero replies is obviously one that needs a solution, and probably has priority.

The other threads have been solved, or are in progress, so will be the last things to view.

Regards

Alan

Also have you tried installing 1E7 over the top of IE7?

Found this also

32994d644a90.jpg

Nice of you to find something like that in Dutch B) But I'm not able to use this option for know reasons ;)

Regards,

Harry

Well I've tried about anything and it did not help. So, for fun I tried to download IE8 again.

And yes, it works again. Therefore the suggestion "you cannot go back from IE8 to IE7" is 100% right!.

I will leave it that way. Now I have a back-up Browser for FF.

Regards,

Harry

Now I have a back-up Browser for FF.

Try Opera 10 as it makes FF look as fast as slug crawling over dry concrete.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Did download it, but unfortunately it's (only?) in English.

Regards,

Harry

I have decided to go back to IE8 on the old PIII as it can use IE7Pro's features that I am accustomed to and its speed is quite acceptable.

IE7Pro user

Do you think that Opera 10 would be faster than Firefox 3 on a dialup internet connection? I run XP sp3 on a 1.6 Mhz Dell laptop with 512 Ram. I tried Opera a year ago on an older computer and it seemed slower than FireFox 2 at the time.

Thanks for the help.

Do you think that Opera 10 would be faster than Firefox 3 on a dialup internet connection? I run XP sp3 on a 1.6 Mhz Dell laptop with 512 Ram. I tried Opera a year ago on an older computer and it seemed slower than FireFox 2 at the time.

Thanks for the help.

I can't compare it to Firefox but Opera 10 is faster than IE8 on this old PIII

Why not give it a try and let us know what you think.

IE7Pro user

waiting several minutes for a web page to open sometimes

Last time I waited minutes for pages to open was when I had 33.3Kbps dial-up.

IE7Pro user