Foxit PDF question

rridgely

• Moderators

I just uninstalled adobe and went with foxit pdf. I love it, it loads faster and isnt bloated with crap. It dosent even have an installer. For those who use it, is their a way to make it open up in a tab? This is not a huge problem but it would be nice.

And yes I'm asking because I'm to lazy to figure it out myself. :lol:

an even easier question how do you make this program automatically open pdf. it is set in foxit auto but when i click a pdf i just get a blank page in firefox??

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

• Moderators
an even easier question how do you make this program automatically open pdf. it is set in foxit auto but when i click a pdf i just get a blank page in firefox??

Try this:

1. Close Firefox.

2. Run Foxit Reader, and click: Help -> Set to Default PDF Reader

3. Close Foxit Reader.

4. Start Firefox and run a PDF from a website to see if it worked.

If it doesn't work you may need to manually set the PDF MIME type in Firefox.

Here's some instructions to do just that:

MIME Type: application/pdf

Description: Adobe Acrobat Document

Extension: pdf

Open with: The path to FoxitReader.exe, e.g.; C:\Program Files\Foxit Reader\FoxitReader.exe

It should something like this (screenshot taken from Mozilla Suite):

• Moderators

Thats strange, after I installed it firefox took an unusually long amount of time to start up then my homepage and no other sites would load. I uninstalled it and things worked fine. Maybe I'll try it again later.

Thats strange, after I installed it firefox took an unusually long amount of time to start up then my homepage and no other sites would load. I uninstalled it and things worked  fine. Maybe I'll try it again later.

Maybe the one they have at Mozilla is broken. Here try the homepage;

http://www.rabotat.org/firefox.html

Its officially tested for 1.0.5 and as I've mentioned no problems with 1.0.6 as well.

Good luck.

As I said I emailed the developers of Foxit and below is there response. Hopefully the next version we will have firefox integration.

"Hi,

Thanks for your email. However, Foxit Reader currently do not have such feature yet. We are working on the integration with Firefox, for which we have contacted Firefox Tech-team for details."