include custom folders with subfolders

mike42

I hope, this was not discussed before (I didn't find anything).

If I specify a folder to be included for cleaning with some wildcard for the files (say *.aux) no subfolders are searched (or did I miss something?). I think even if I write a winapp2.ini I still have to define every single folder to be searched.

Is it possible to include such an option?

regards,

Mike

Welcome mike42

Have a look in winapp2.ini at the use of |RECURSE

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Have a look in winapp2.ini at the use of |RECURSE

Thanks for the advice. I tried, but it seems this works only with "*.*" but not with e.g. "*.aux". I tried once with a folder, where I know ther is a .aux file - it is found. I tried with its parent folder and |RECURSE - nothing found.

Although in the original winapp.ini there are entries with e.g. |*.txt|RECURSE. :blink:

• Moderators

I know some things I've tried with RECURSE don't get deleted so I just scrap those and forget about creating a winapp2.ini entry for them as they'd just be too involved, then I revert back to a good old batch file.

Although cleaning up after my ISP software works fine using: *.tmp|RECURSE

I know some things I've tried with RECURSE don't get deleted so I just scrap those and forget about creating a winapp2.ini entry for them as they'd just be too involved, then I revert back to a good old batch file.

Exactly those old batch files of mine I was hoping to get finally rid of. :(

Although cleaning up after my ISP software works fine using: *.tmp|RECURSE

How come, it works in some cases and in some it doesn't? :unsure:

• Moderators
How come, it works in some cases and in some it doesn't? :unsure:

That's something I've often wondered myself.

I suspect but don't really know for sure if the Application Data folder being hidden has anything to do with it or not, but that folder is often the one that makes it not work for me. Could just be a protection feature, who knows.

I suspect but don't really know for sure if the Application Data folder being hidden has anything to do with it or not, but that folder is often the one that makes it not work for me. Could just be a protection feature, who knows.

Actually, I couldn't get it working anywhere. I have moved my whole "My Documents" to a different partition (or even physical drive), nothing hidden or whatsoever and there I can't recurse anything (only curse <_< ). Only if I use *.* as file pattern, but that coudn't possibly have been the original intention.

OK, I have to appologize. Apparently I was running an old version of CCleaner. With the 2.13.720 build the |RECURSE works from within the winapp2.ini.

Still, a |RECURSE and a |REMOVESELF option for the Options\Include\Add Folder-function would be nice.

OK, I have to appologize. Apparently I was running an old version of CCleaner. With the 2.13.720 build the |RECURSE works from within the winapp2.ini.

Still, a |RECURSE and a |REMOVESELF option for the Options\Include\Add Folder-function would be nice.

Hi mike42,

This is a personal Warm Welcome to the forums!!! :D

It is very informative for other users and members to know exactly what actually happened.

You were honest and humble enough to report the fact that you were actually using an old version and this is what caused the problem. I respect your being straightforward .

I will look forward to your future posts.

Thanks again,

:) davey

Hi mike42,

This is a personal Warm Welcome to the forums!!! :D

Thank you, very nice! :)

It is very informative for other users and members to know exactly what actually happened.

You were honest and humble enough to report the fact that you were actually using an old version and this is what caused the problem. I respect your being straightforward .

That goes without saying. The forum is to help people and not to mislead them after all. B)

Thanx for your comment!

Mike