ccleaner

standeb

Hi Moderators.

I have just a short while ago downloded CCleaner and have just registered and signed in to your forum. I am a computer newbie. I however seem to understand most windows except "Applications" and "issues" but although I have read Help Online. I have a few questions.

(1) I note that all my applications are listed and checked under applications;

When I run CCleaner will all my applications be intact when it is finished?

The question arises because I use practically all of my applications at some point or another.

(2) under "issues".

Can you advise me as to what takes place when I run CCleaner?

The questions arise because I notice that I may have the option to manually remove any item I may want to delete.

Please advise as to how to proceed. I dearly want to clean out my system which is xp pro which I have been using for more than a year and which starts up slow and runs slow at times. I know that Norton is responsible for the slow startup. So now

I would like to clean up.

I have followed the several instructions and have checked and unchecked several items in the Windows section so all there is fine.

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Thanking you.

Standeb.

Yes all your applications will be intact CCleaner just removes Mru, log files etc all of which are completely safe to remove. If they were not CCleaner would not remove them.

Issues is just a simple but effective registry cleaner. If you are a bit wary of using the Issues clenaer simply make a back up when prompted and if any problems arise tho I doubt they will simply restore the backup by double clicking on it. Also if you run "Scan For Issues", on the left side of the results it will tell you what is wrong with a registry entry CCleaner will remove i.e. missing shared dll, unused file extension etc.

Off subject but I think you will find that if you use Avast Home edition which is a free and extremely effective anti virus program your pc should be quicker without Norton hogging all you power.

• Moderators

Along with antivirus software that's easier on the system the slowdown can also be the result of not defragmenting your hard disk often enough, or not at all. You can defrag your hard disk from:

Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Moderators.

I have just a short while ago downloded CCleaner and have just registered and signed in to your forum. I am a computer newbie. I however seem to understand most windows except "Applications" and "issues" but although I have read Help Online. I have a few questions.

(1)  I note that all my applications are listed and checked under applications;

The question arises because I use practically all of my applications at some point or another.

(2)  under "issues".

The questions arise because I notice that I may have the option to manually remove any item I may want to delete.

Please advise as to how to proceed. I dearly want to clean out my system which is xp pro which I have been using for more than a year and which starts up slow and runs slow at times. I know that Norton is responsible for the slow startup. So now

I have followed the several instructions and have checked and unchecked several items in the Windows section so all there is fine.

Thanking you.

Standeb.

Hi Moderators.

(1)  I note that all my applications are listed and checked under applications;

(2)  under "issues".

Thanking you.

Standeb.

Is their something else you need to know? I think you accidentally only quoted yourself.

Dear Sir,

I did the quote accidentally. I was trying to send a reply to Englishmens response to my inquiry and every thing went in dissarray. I even tried again thereafter to send a reply to him but had to abort because I could not find the send button.

I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Standeb.