clean Google Earth cache

metalj

Hi guys. Check this out!!! :lol:

I found out that Google Earth dumps it's internet cache in this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\GoogleEarth\*.*

These files are safe to delete because when you use Google Earth those files are re-downloaded.

I've been using it a lot and I found out that it dumped almost 500MB on my PC!!!

It would be awesome if you guys added this cleaner feature to the Google Earth option. ^_^

I'm using Windows XP and Google Earth 4.3.7204.0836 (beta)

I also wanted to ask if you guys could make your products check for updates once a day instead of once a month. It's kind of frustrating to not get the latest updates right when they're released. :(

Hi guys. Check this out!!! :lol:

I found out that Google Earth dumps it's internet cache in this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\GoogleEarth\*.*

Hi metalj,

Are you using CCleaner v2.13 ?

You should see Google Earth in your Applications tab.

Maybe something is different about your Google Earth version but you can see the entry for it in the embedded winapp.ini file.

I keep a copy in my CCleaner folder for reference. You can get it here.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry119043

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. I just tested and I am using WinXP SP3 and the Google Earth cache is not being cleaned for me either.

There must be a problem with the winapp.ini entry for Google Earth.

Edited by davey

Thanks for the reply davey... ^_^

Yes, I'm using CCleaner v2.13

Yes, I see Google Earth in my Applications tab,

but that only cleans Google Earth's search history, not the cache.

The winapp.ini file you gave me (thanks for the link) only cleans the "dbcache" files, not the entire cache. (see the code bellow)

What I did was to add the folder to the "Include" option on the "Options" panel. This works great for me, but...

I would like if the CCleaner programers added this feature to the "Google Earth" (in the Applications tab), so everyone can clean their Google Earth's history + cache.

Thanks again for the reply davey. ^_^

[Google Earth]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth PlusDetect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth ProDefault=TrueFileKey1=%appdata%\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.datFileKey2=%appdata%\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.dat.indexRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus\SearchRegKey2=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Pro\Search