[ROGUE] WinDefender 2009 Released

siljaline

These rogue infections are multiplying faster than cockroaches in a Bronx tenement and are becoming so virulent that the only recovery is running FDISK to remove the infected MBR on the hard drive then re-installing the operating system and restoring non-infected backups. :blink:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

These rogue infections are multiplying faster than cockroaches in a Bronx tenement and are becoming so virulent that the only recovery is running FDISK to remove the infected MBR on the hard drive then re-installing the operating system and restoring non-infected backups. :blink:
I became infested on this new box shortly after taking delivery. Without hesitation, I formatted and re-installed the O/S.

Why fuss for days not knowing if something has written to your MBR or whatever.

Back-up on a regular basis, good to have a secondary drive, as well.

siljaline

• Moderators
Without hesitation, I formatted and re-installed the O/S.

Why fuss for days not knowing if something has written to your MBR or whatever.

Back-up on a regular basis, good to have a secondary drive, as well.

That's often ages quicker than dealing with the infection and not possibly knowing if it's really been dealt with fully.

That's often ages quicker than dealing with the infection and not possibly knowing if it's really been dealt with fully.

Agreed, no fussing - just wave goodbye to your previous install and get-on with the new.

Cheers,

siljaline