'Applications' tab

tomirock

I have a question regarding what applications are chosen to appear under the applications tab in the cleaner section of the program.

I've been running and recommending CCleaner for years. It isn't perfect....but what is? CCleaner strikes a good balance between being too aggressive and not being intentional enough about tagging and removing clutter and problems. And, at no cost???? You can't beat it with a stick.

Each time I install CCleaner, the list of applications that show up under the applications tab are different from install to install. Does anyone know where (file, location in the registry etc...) CCleaner goes to create this list of applications that appear under this tab?

Thanks for you time.

I have a question regarding what applications are chosen to appear under the applications tab in the cleaner section of the program.

Thanks for you time.

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the forums !!! :D

CCleaner has all the data that it uses "embedded" within the program, now.

In the past these were separate .ini files . You can get a copy at this link and unzip it and see exactly what is "embedded".

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=119043

Using a winapp2.ini file as developed by the members of the forums will also increase what is checked for and cleaned. You can unzip a copy of this file in your CCleaner folder and it will take effect. The source is listed at the bottom of this first post.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry107895

These and other useful links are available at the top of each forum. They are listed as Important Topics.

Best wishes,

:) davey