US Presidential Election

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators
Another thing that is interesting is our unemployment is around 6.5 percent, and is not considered terribly bad, where yours is at 6.1 percent or so, and is considered terrible. It comes from perspective.

I think that pretty much just comes down to population. 6.1 percent may not seem like a huge amount but our population is a lot higher than yours.

We have a much stronger social network (meaning programs that pay for things like health, welfare, etc.) so canada is more liberal with paying for those that don't work. Not saying i agree with it (in many cases we have gone way too far with the cradle to grave approach of welfare) but in some regards we have a better system in that it allows for a little more compassion when dealing with those down and out. Of interest countries in europe have things like 5 weeks vacation a year, where as in canada its only 2 weeks (with some exceptions) so its all just perspective.

We have social programs too. We have people who basically live off the government their entire lives through things like food stamps, government housing, ect. Even though we dont have socialized medicine, doctors are not allowed to turn you away. You may not get a heart transplant(even then there are ways to get the money) but your not going to be turned away.

I have no problem helping people who are down on their luck or actually cant work(blind, paralyzed, ect) but we have enough moochers as it is. I dont think thats cold or wrong either, I dont think I should be taxed to take care of people who are too lazy to take care of themselves.

One time I had a person in the back of my cruiser car telling my partner and I that we were chumps for working and thanked us for paying taxes to provide them with welfare money to get drunk on. Gotta love it.

One time I had a person in the back of my cruiser car telling my partner and I that we were chumps for working and thanked us for paying taxes to provide them with welfare money to get drunk on. Gotta love it.

Ha Ha. Funny thing about that is that you and your partner also get paid from people's taxes.