Dr.Web Anti-Virus Link Checker

Humpty

Came across this Dr Web FF addon and right clicked/scanned the download link for Antivirus Pro 2009 which is a rogue app.

Seemed to do it's job OK but only tried it on the one link so far?

This plugin allows you to check any file you are about to download, any page you are about to visit with online version of Dr.Web anti-virus...

Dr Web FF Addon

i2228_DrWeb.JPG

It takes McAfee too long to react to sites that have been reported through SiteAdvisor.

See:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/av-pro-2009.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Came across this Dr Web FF addon and right clicked/scanned the download link for Antivirus Pro 2009 which is a rogue app.

I've been using the Dr Web FF and IE addon's ever since Hazelnut mentioned them which is now a long time ago. Previously a few months ago it wasn't detecting some what I suppose were hacked sites trying to force the rogue AV2009.

• Moderators
It takes McAfee too long to react to sites that have been reported through SiteAdvisor.

See:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/av-pro-2009.com

Site Advisor was always, to me anyway, no more than a guide to the good and the bad, but I must say that with such a serious threat as AntiVirus Pro, which has been around for years, that's pretty shameful for there to be still no Red Flag after the first comment on that page was made back in June by a respected poster.

Disappointing to say the least.