The battle at Kruger

DennisD

I don't really think that was the point of the video Anthony.

The point was the lions lost because of the lengths the buffalos went to protecting their young. I get it. I enjoyed watching them get their rear ends kicked in the process. ;) I don't like how lions gang up. I find it cowardly and I don't respect them as a species.

This video is more like it. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VBlPelKUH6I&...feature=related . The buffalo go hunting lions and pound one into crap.

• Moderators

The most daunting thing I ever watched on TV was a group of large adult male lions take down an elephant, and this was after years of wild life shows stating "it's impossible for a full grown adult elephant to be taken."

The most daunting thing I ever watched on TV was a group of large adult male lions take down an elephant, and this was after years of wild life shows stating "it's impossible for a full grown adult elephant to be taken."

How many lions did it take? One on one that battle would last 2 seconds and there would be lion pancakes being served.

How many lions did it take? One on one that battle would last 2 seconds and their would be lion pancakes being served.
I do not like violence but that is Nature and how animals survive.

I'm happy that the baby seal hunt it being monitored but I do not condone it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I do not like violence but that is Nature and how animals survive.

I'm happy that the baby seal hunt it being monitored but I do not condone it.

The seal hunt disgusts me. Nothing more cowardly than an inbred with a club attacking a totally helpless seal pup and skinning it alive.

I was amused the last hunt when one of the hunters was killed because of some screw up. Can't remember exactly what happened but I do remember the news shows showing everybody acting like it was tragedy. Guy got exactly what he deserved. Now all we need is a polar bear to get a hold of one of these inbreds and make some human stew out of him and the seals feed on him. I believe thats called poetic justice.

• Moderators
How many lions did it take? One on one that battle would last 2 seconds and there would be lion pancakes being served.

From what I remember three or four. One was on the elephants back biting at its neck while, another was at the backside biting, and the remaining were biting at the legs. It was a completely coordinated/choreographed attack that was filmed just a few short feet away from the action so close the lions could've if they wanted to had a film crew as appetizers.

It indeed would've been impossible in a one on one situation, and those lions were lucky it was a lone elephant otherwise as you've stated they would've been lion pancakes.