not doubt "CCleaner" is very good junk cleaner tool

but as it name suggest 'cleaner'

so please include a RAM CLEANER tool also

for same reason I have to download another software

although that is free too!!!!

but I don't want it sperately

while I have already "CCleaner" install on my system

it is my humble request

please please include a RAM cleaner+defregger tool also!!!

best wishes!!!!!

CachemanXP :P

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• Moderators

A little tip for explorer.exe. In task manager look at memory usage and about once a week boot into safe mode but do nothing.

Boot normal and look in taskmanager again at memory usage.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

ram is volatile memory as soon as data/program is unloaded the ram space is free almost in a blink of an eye unless you have other issues...

There used to be programs that force the release of ram but that is just cramming and causing performance issues with other programs running. Like imagine somene puts a plastic bag over your head your running out of oxigen you may die... remove the plastic bag and your uffing and puffing but you be ok, lord knows aht effects that as on code... Someone should come up with compressing the programs footprint on the ram consumption much easier... as if!

Userbar-contributer-red.gif

PC's & major failure of technology is attributed to a phenomenom called PEBKAC Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

There's a small little app called CleanMem that has been discussed on this forum before. I've used it for quite some time and it works amazingly well for me. It's not a memory "cleaner" per se, but it works to periodically release memory that other apps forget to release after they are closed. There's a complete explanation on the site -- you can read about it before making your own decision. By the way . . . it's free.

There's a small little app called CleanMem that has been discussed on this forum before. I've used it for quite some time and it works amazingly well for me. It's not a memory "cleaner" per se, but it works to periodically release memory that other apps forget to release after they are closed. There's a complete explanation on the site -- you can read about it before making your own decision. By the way . . . it's free.

Well what about the old reg hack unload dll trick. That forrces programs to allways close all resources after themselves

Open your registry and find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer].

Create a new sub-key named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to equal '1' to disable Windows caching the DLL in memory.

Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

Registry Editor Example

| Name Type Data |

| (Default) REG_SZ "1" |

-

| HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion... |

-

Registry Settings

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\

AlwaysUnloadDLL]

Value Name: Default

Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)

Value Data: (1 = enable)

that works for all windows in fact I doubts that anyother program would go as further than actually doing just that. only enforcing it straight away.

applying that reg trick on reboot you note that more memore is available after you close programs.

in the long haul I dont see the value of cluttering the registry (which impacts on system performance) by intalling something that at the same time will apparently improve performance or release memory... just ilogical...

Userbar-contributer-red.gif

PC's & major failure of technology is attributed to a phenomenom called PEBKAC Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Well what about the old reg hack unload dll trick. That forrces programs to allways close all resources after themselves

Open your registry and find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer].

Create a new sub-key named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to equal '1' to disable Windows caching the DLL in memory.

Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

Registry Editor Example

| Name Type Data |

| (Default) REG_SZ "1" |

-

| HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion... |

-

Registry Settings

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\

AlwaysUnloadDLL]

Value Name: Default

Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)

Value Data: (1 = enable)

that works for all windows in fact I doubts that anyother program would go as further than actually doing just that. only enforcing it straight away.

applying that reg trick on reboot you note that more memore is available after you close programs.

in the long haul I dont see the value of cluttering the registry (which impacts on system performance) by intalling something that at the same time will apparently improve performance or release memory... just ilogical...

X-3,

Is there any drawback to this change in the registry, ie performance of apps, problems, whatever? Does it improve performance of apps and the computer as a whole?

I am a novice, but willing to try this if it only provides benefit and no negative effect? But I want to know: Why is windows caching the DLL in the memory? What purpose does it serve?

Thanks,

Create a new sub-key named 'AlwaysUnloadDLL' and set the default value to equal '1' to disable Windows caching the DLL in memory

That is one of the many so called tweaks floating round the net that does absolutely nothing (unless your using pre Windows 2000):

"Here is the first and most important point. I can find no evidence whatsoever that this setting works in Windows XP.** In fact, the only official Microsoft technical documentation I can find on this is HERE. It clearly and unequivocally states, "For operating systems prior to Windows 2000, you can shorten the inactive period by adding the following information to the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer AlwaysUnloadDll"

For arguments sake, let's just say that this setting does work in XP. Windows XP uses a complex and efficient process to manage memory operations. It keeps the dll loaded in case you need it again. For example, if you open XYZ and then close it the dll remains in memory. If you open XYZ again it will launch quicker because the dll is already in memory. When/if XP needs the space in memory for something else it will make the space by unloading the dll(s) that aren't being used. If this setting actually did work, you have hurt your overall performance because you unloaded a dll when it didn't need to be and caused the system to have to load it again when called upon."

Source

• Moderators
That is one of the many so called tweaks floating round the net that does absolutely nothing (unless your using pre Windows 2000):

Exactly, but many so called "tweaking programs" and "tweaking sites" never mention that fact.