Having Problems Updating Latest Version of CCleaner

lindadee123

Thought I had a handle on this and some great suggestions from everyone here and it was working..... up until this time But when I tried to update to the latest version of CCleaner the change does not take and it stays on the original version. This is what is happening. I download from FileHippo

I have Vista

go to this website: http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds -- download latest version, click on latest version Green Arrow box comes up Click Save File, bar goes across looking like it is downloading and then stops says it is updated and I go back to CCleaner newest version - 2.13.720 has not been changed I still see original version listed at top as 2.12.660. i have tried to restart system to take the change but it still comes up original. Not a computer guru by anymeans just looking for a simple no nosense way to do this. It doesn't ask where i want to save the file like it used to.

Can't figure out what is going on.

Tks everyone !!!

You have to make sure that CCleaner is ended because it can not be updated when it is running.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I have Vista

It doesn't ask where i want to save the file like it used to.

Can't figure out what is going on.

Tks everyone !!!

On Vista, downloads are saved to the downloads folder, click start, then at the top right you will see your username (computer name or however you want to refer to it), click the username, you will now see your downloads folder. Hopefully the CCleaner installation file is in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are you downloading it to? Best place is to choose your desktop and then install it from there.

Have you tried downloading the slim build from that page instead?

No I have never tried downloading the slim build. My CC Cleaner is on my desktop but when I click on it and it asks to download latest version that is where I get into trouble.

On Vista, downloads are saved to the downloads folder, click start, then at the top right you will see your username (computer name or however you want to refer to it), click the username, you will now see your downloads folder. Hopefully the CCleaner installation file is in there.

tks I will try this again

• Moderators

Linda, there's been a few problems from other members trying to download via the "Check For Updates" link within CCleaner.

If that's what you're still trying to do, go to the site and download manually. Or download it from Filehippo here:

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

If you're already doing this... Damn.

:)

• 2 months later...
Linda, there's been a few problems from other members trying to download via the "Check For Updates" link within CCleaner.

If that's what you're still trying to do, go to the site and download manually. Or download it from Filehippo here:

http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

If you're already doing this... Damn.

:)

i thing its better in next update there are features for update direct to server... is it possible ?