Windows vista update help

TUNDRA35

Well i don't know where this would go so i thought it would go here(if its wrong please move it)

but my friend has windows vista on her laptop and has only had it for a couple months and now she cant get her

windows updates to work at all. She gets a "error 8004002" and ive searched it and tried many fixes but nothing

i even tried Dial-a-fix which being vista it doesn't work on yet.

can anyone help at all. cause ive tried everything.

yeah sadly i tried those

Have you tried a chkdsk?

Can take a fair while to run and is no guarantee it will work.

You can right click C drive - Properties - Tools - Error-checking/Check Now and select both options which will prompt to run checkdisk at next reboot.

Have you tried a chkdsk?

Can take a fair while to run and is no guarantee it will work.

You can right click C drive - Properties - Tools - Error-checking/Check Now and select both options which will prompt to run checkdisk at next reboot.

yeah i tried that to bro. that was the first thing i thought of that and sfc/scannow

Look at the last post of that topic...man would I like to punch that person out. :P They obviously didn't come here to try and remedy their problem. I have installed CCleaner on multiple computers and never had problems with the registry cleaner.

AJ

Look at the last post of that topic...man would I like to punch that person out. :P They obviously didn't come here to try and remedy their problem. I have installed CCleaner on multiple computers and never had problems with the registry cleaner.
Be careful with advice from a person from Van, BC as they smoke and eat weird stuff out there.

The smoked Salmon is very good though.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

AJ

Yeah AJ,

Most of those guys have done something to mess up their PC and come to the Registry Issues tool thinking that somehow that is going to "FIX" their problem. Most times they don't know what they are doing.

Perfect example of "If you don't know what the "real" problem is then ask for help. Don't try fixing things that you don't understand. Otherwise, you end up breaking things that weren't broken in the first place."

I know that you are very experienced and I have seen that you are experienced enough to ask for advice when needed. This comment was for other users not you.

:) davey