Internet Explorer Downgrade?

Tom AZ

Is it possible to effectively "downgrade" from IE7 back to IE6?

Yes just go into add/remove programs and uninstall IE7. It will roll back to IE6

If you installed SP3 after you installed IE7 you will see that IE7 is grayed out in add/remove programs and can't be uninstalled. In this case you must uninstall SP3 than uninstall IE7. Typical MS BS.

Yes just go into add/remove programs and uninstall IE7. It will roll back to IE6

If you installed SP3 after you installed IE7 you will see that IE7 is grayed out in add/remove programs and can't be uninstalled. In this case you must uninstall SP3 than uninstall IE7. Typical MS BS.

Will it roll back to IE6 automatically or do you need to re-install IE6 after uninstalling IE7?

Why do you want to downgrade to IE6 when IE7 is much more secure and has many more features?

Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Fact Sheet:

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroo...IE7XPSP2FS.mspx

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Will it roll back to IE6 automatically or do you need to re-install IE6 after uninstalling IE7?

It rolls back automatically. No reinstall of IE6 necessary.

As YoKenny asked why do you want to roll back? Neither IE is worth crap but IE7 is less crappy than IE6 which is a giant turd.

Switch to Firefox or Opera or both and trade in the horse and carriage for a Ferrari.

Actually, I've used Firefox almost exclusively for years. However, on rare occasions I go back to IE for some special "Flash" editing. Since upgrading to IE 7, I've run into some problems that never existed with IE6. So, my conclusion is that while IE7 is probably more secure, it might be a little more unstable in some ways. Not sure I'm even going to do this, but thought I'd just check on the feasibility of doing it.

Why not try IE8 Beta. As usual Internet Explorer is not the best browser of all, but at least to me it seem IE8 Beta is way better than IE7. It dont crush that frequency on my computer, it dont lag much anymore so better surfing experience than IE7. Firefox is my main browser btw.

Why not try IE8 Beta. As usual Internet Explorer is not the best browser of all, but at least to me it seem IE8 Beta is way better than IE7. It dont crush that frequency on my computer, it dont lag much anymore so better surfing experience than IE7. Firefox is my main browser btw.
I have never had IE7 "crush" on me even when I am drinking my morning Orange crush reading this forum.

I use IE8 beta2 on my old PIII and it works well.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user