Adobe Flash Player

em1500uk

I can't remember which it was listed in, internet or multimedia, but the Flash Player has gone from the list of applications that I can clean. I'm using Adobe Flash Player 10 now. Anyone know how I can get this back on the list?

• Moderators

After installing the IE Flash Player did you restart Windows? I know that's something I've always did for umpteen years. You could always try to install it again then of course reboot.

Hopefully you aren't having this issue.

CCleaner looks for this registry key to detect Adobe Flash Player HKCR\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000} if it doesn't exist, it can't be detected or cleaned.

You can try this one instead with winapp2.ini which will use a different registry key for detection:

[*Adobe Flash Player]LangSecRef=3023Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerDefault=TrueFileKey1=%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player|*.*|RECURSE

I didn't restart Windows no. I haven't downloaded the Flash Player for IE though, I use it on Firefox. I just uninstalled the old version and installed the current one and left it at that. Maybe a restart is what's needed.

• Moderators

I had the same problem a while back with flash not appearing in CCleaner. It's possibly because you're missing the IE version.

Whichever browser you go to the Adobe download site with, it will automatically provide the version for that browser. So if you go back with IE, you can download the IE version, which is the Active X one.

In CCleaner/Tools/Uninstall, I think you could be missing the highlighted plugin.

i433_MissingFlash.jpg

Adobe Download Site:

After installing, it should appear again in CCleaner.

Hope this helps.