Puriform or Puran?

giggedyguy

I switched from O&O Defrag to Puran and ran a full tilt boogey defrag on my PC after wasting hours and hour with O&O (you can defrag the same drive a hundred times and it will still act like it has never been defragmented). Anyway, at least my PC was faster. So installed Puran and ran it. System actually slowed down!

So I downloaded Defraggler and ran it and it found all kinds of misplaced files that Puran left behind (though may be due to defragmenting strategy)! Anyway, noticed the similar name and the VERY similar taskbar icon, so just wondering if the parent company was the same for both?

Suggestion: Add defrag by name to the options, as this really makes my system the most responsive. Thanks.

Suggestion: Add defrag by name to the options, as this really makes my system the most responsive. Thanks.

Hello giggedyguy,

Welcome to the forum !!! :D

I am not too sure what you mean by "Defrag by name" option.

However, Andavari, one of our Moderators has created a shell program that I think will fill your need.

With this,you can use Windows Explorer and right-click on any file or folder and run Defraggler.

I find this extremely helpful.

Andavari's Defraggler Shell

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17287

Good luck,

:) davey