Defraggler

Retired Redleg

Have been using CCleaner for a couple years now, and Defraggler for a few months. Just got an email with the newest version, 1.03.094. Download went ok, as far as I know, but when I went to install it, I got an error saying something like "Cannot write to "C/ blah blah blah. The location I always use to install programs. I'm running Win XP Home, I'm the Owner, etc. I even went so far as trying to install it as Admin. Same problem, would not write to my C drive as it should. The last version installed just fine, and Works really good, so I know this should install as well.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

• Moderators

If you haven't done so give this a try, a clean install:

1. Uninstall any already installed version of Defraggler.

2. Restart Windows even if not prompted to do so.

3. Install the newest version of Defraggler.

Have been using CCleaner for a couple years now, and Defraggler for a few months. Just got an email with the newest version, 1.03.094. Download went ok, as far as I know, but when I went to install it, I got an error saying something like "Cannot write to "C/ blah blah blah. The location I always use to install programs. I'm running Win XP Home, I'm the Owner, etc. I even went so far as trying to install it as Admin. Same problem, would not write to my C drive as it should. The last version installed just fine, and Works really good, so I know this should install as well.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

Hello Redleg,

Welcome to the forums. :D

I am sure that Andavari's suggestion will work for you.

I am wondering though if you were trying to update Defraggler while you were running Defraggler?

That is, did the program automatically check for updates and then you tried to update it at that time?

Thanks for your report,

:) davey