Can you play vidoeos with Opera on this site?

Anthony A

It was an ad block issue. The first thing I did when I couldn't play the video was disable ad blocking globally with a simple click of a button I have for that. The video still wouldn't play. I changed the way Opera identifies itself to all the different options for it and still no go. Than I realized that even though ad blocking was disabled globally it was still enabled in the site preferences for that site. Once I disabled ad blocker in the site preferences it worked :rolleyes: I am going to go stand in the corner again.

Always remember that site preferences override global preferences in Opera and there are many settings that can be tweaked in site preferences.

OK now just after getting things to work Market Watch goes and changes things. I can no longer get Opera to play the videos and the video page it's self looks different than it did when I started this thread. Can you Opera users check again and see if you can play the videos. Market Watch has changed something though for sure.

• Moderators

Just tried it Anthony. I can see the video after a few seconds, but had difficulty leaving the site, hourglass situation, and had to ctrl-alt-delete to end task.

Went in again and this time after a few seconds of the video switched to another video choice on the page, hourglass again.

So yes, I can see the video but seem to have a slight problem with the site.

Will try now with IE7.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I'm watching Bernanke: Quick Rebound Not in the Cards in one tab and Stocks Today: Banking Chaos Not So Bad? paused in another tab without a problem on my XP Home SP3 system using IE7 with IE7Pro.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I can play all the videos fine with Opera. Change from one to the other with no probs.

Have just updated Flash today to version 10.0.12.36. I now have a plugin in my Opera folder, and System32, but I can still play everything fine.

I mention that as I've just read your post in the Flash/Shockwave topic.

I can play all the videos fine with Opera. Change from one to the other with no probs.

Hmm I can play it on one of my machines but not on another. I will have to look at this more.

Have just updated Flash today to version 10.0.12.36. I now have a plugin in my Opera folder, and System32, but I can still play everything fine.

I mention that as I've just read your post in the Flash/Shockwave topic.

Look in Tools-> Advanced-> Plugins and it will list all Opera plugins and where they are. See if you have two locations for Flash. If you start having problems delete the one in the Opera plugin folder. Search the Opera forums about Flash problems and thats the first thing that they recommend to do if you are having Flash problems.

• Moderators

This might be worth checking out.

Opera is now accessing it's own plugin, and not using the System32 one, but it also accesses another plugin from Firefox.

Maybe you don't have it, and possibly need it. The Opera version was downloaded from the Adobe "Flash" download page, but they are both "Shockwave" plugins, although different dlls for different content I presume.

t417_OperaFlash.jpg

This might be worth checking out.

Opera is now accessing it's own plugin, and not using the System32 one, but it also accesses another plugin from Firefox.

Maybe you don't have it, and possibly need it. The Opera version was downloaded from the Adobe "Flash" download page, but they are both "Shockwave" plugins, although different dlls for different content I presume.

t417_OperaFlash.jpg

I don't have that FF plugin and the Flash Opera is accessing is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll