Annoying "open with" right click menu bug.

Anthony A

I recently "installed" Notepad++Portable on 3 machines. On two of them everything is fine. On the one machine I am having this annoying problem with the right click "open with" menu. When I right click on a file and select "open with" the right click menu list programs you have used to open this type of file with before. If you don't see the program you want you can select "choose program" and a extended list appears. If you still don't see the program you want you can select "browse" and navigate to the exe for the program you want to use.

My problem is I want to add Notepad++ Portable. When I select browse and navigate to the Notepad++Portable exe and click on it to add it it just doesn't work. It's not added to the list. I have Notepad++Portable in C\Program Files. . No such problem on the other machines. Something with the path corrupted. Any ideas? If I put in on the Desktop I can get it in the "open with" menu but thats the only folder that it will work from for some reason

Also I tried going in to the Windows file settings and selecting Notepad++ Portable from there and no go. Again if I move the folder Notepad++Portable is in it will work.

Thanks that is a neat little app I never seen before.
They also have some fine Bourbon that comes from thereabouts.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user