October Desktops

DennisD

I think Image Shack should be banned as a pic hosting site on these forums before I put my fist through the computer screen. Images hosted on Image Shack load very slow in fact this whole thread loads slow because of it. Every time I look at a thread about screen shots or loaded with pics I know I will pull my hair out because of Image crap Shack. Not just this forum but any forum.

I'm not about to hit my beautiful wide screen LCD monitor :lol: , however I do get a little frustrated with the Image-Shack slowness also.

• Moderators
I think Image Shack should be banned as a pic hosting site on these forums before I put my fist through the computer screen. Images hosted on Image Shack load very slow in fact this whole thread loads slow because of it. Every time I look at a thread about screen shots or loaded with pics I know I will pull my hair out because of Image crap Shack. Not just this forum but any forum.

I'll second that with bells on.

Sorry chaps, but I don't even try to look at a desktop hosted on Image Shack any more. There are plenty of slick and quick alternatives to that place.

Edit: As a case in point this is all I see of AJ's image, hosted on the dreaded IS.

t430_ImageShack.jpg

Sorry chaps, but I don't even try to look at a desktop hosted on Image Shack any more. There are plenty of slick and quick alternatives to that place.

I suggested banning Image crap Shack I was serious. You don't have to try and view a pic hosted there to experience a slow down either. Just loading the thread is a frustrating experience if there are images in it hosted on Image Shack.

Maybe for the good of the forum this should be looked into. As Dennis said there are plenty of alternatives.

I'll second that with bells on.

Edit: As a case in point this is all I see of AJ's image, hosted on the dreaded IS.

t430_ImageShack.jpg

Maybe because Opera is teh failz?

Just kidding. LOL, however it didn't load the thumbnail until a few refreshes later. I'll consider definitely looking at a different site.

AJ

If you use Botophucket and want to post clickable thumbnails, don't forget to remove the action script in the url so we'll view just the pic, instead of the pic within your "open" Botophucket alteration page. <_<

oh, I think my Vista broke....

thumb-33913.png

FULL

I would have chosen bluewoodol5

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

The old desktop had too many coffee stains so I got a new one. :) davey

t2190_PCProCCleanerAward.jpg

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/awards/index.php?pageId=16

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Kenny, davey already posted the link to this.

If you look at his screenshot it's in the address bar.

Yea but I could not click on that.

IE7Pro user