Interface Suggestion

hoak

Though I would personally perfer the Crap Cleaner interface was executed as an Microsoft Management Console Snap In (there are thousands of articles and free source to do this in virtually any language), the current interface if fine (though not as flexible from an Administrative perspective as a MMC Snap In)...

One place the current interface approach could be streamlined is by fully exploiting the common control task/listbar design approach into a single pane design to consume less screen realestate (the way it was intended). Here's a mockup:

untitled9fm.jpg

The "Reports" pane/console could obviously be called anything, and Crap Cleaner could offer the option to automatically display the Reports pane in a context sensitive manner or require the user to manually select it with the task/listbar button...

This would make for a tidier more integrated design, that would much more efficiently display information, consume less screen real estate, and without the overhead of a two pane display makes displaying those long registry key paths without side scrolling an easier simple one streatch proposition... But Crap Cleaner is excellent software 'as is'; I have no complaints!

:)

I don't think it's an "issue" either, however using Microsoft's interface design in a way that's consistent with the rest of the Operating System, uses the least real estate for those occasions and individuals that need it (there are still people that run 640 x 480), and presents only context sensitive information when and where you need it does make sense.

What other applications do you have or know of that show both setting and output concurrently? What application actuyally needs to?

:mellow: