Activate Windows?

tommyk

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Hi tommy, I'm guessing you already have a legitimate Windows install, and this has popped up out of the blue.

Following Kens first link to activating windows in XP is something I couldn't do, as I don't have an "Activate Windows" link in Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

Is that the position you find yourself in?

Hi tommy, I'm guessing you already have a legitimate Windows install, and this has popped up out of the blue.

Following Kens first link to activating windows in XP is something I couldn't do, as I don't have an "Activate Windows" link in Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

Is that the position you find yourself in?

I've had Windows XP on my system for 2 years and it is working fine. I haven't done anything about "activating" it because I'm not sure just why I have to do so when it is working fine.

So I'm hoping for some advice on this to see if I really need to "activate" it.

• Moderators

I dunno if this will help:

Windows activation is only required if you go and change something major, like the processor or the motherboard, because the HAL has changed. Changing software, Hard drives from cloning or CD/DVD drives do not require Windows reactivation.

Link:

From what I can gather, for whatever the reason is, the only solution may be to call Microsoft to sort it out.

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:

Hope this helps.

I dunno if this will help:

Link:

From what I can gather, for whatever the reason is, the only solution may be to call Microsoft to sort it out.

Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers:

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys! . . .

Just got my Windows Re-Activated. Couldn't do it by internet . . . had to call them and they did re-activated it.

So I guess I'm good to go!

Thanks

Feel's so good doesn't it. Feel's just like driving with a proper license, registration and insurance, cops cant touch ya!
Better not drive over the speed limit nor erratically or they will touch you.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user