Need your opinion on the best Free Music Player

razz

My Winamp memory usage depends a lot.

When i launch it with a playlist open, it will take about 16Mb. But when i "refresh" it (minimize and back) it will take about 1,5Mb. And when i start listening music after that, constant usage will be about 5Mb. When minimized and listening music, constant usage will be about 3,5Mb. But when "refreshing" (Open and back to minimize) during a song, it will take only about 1,8Mb. It will change back to that about 3,5Mb, when a track changes.

Edit: I use classic skin, not modern.

I dunno what you did with Foobar razz, but it has the smallest footprint of all of them.

With it's very simple interface open, it hits about 11-12mb on my pc, but when mimimised to the system tray, as mine is now, it usually hovers around 2-3mb, consistently.

t400_FoobarMemory.jpg

You'll probably gather I'm a Foobar diehard, and there's nothing at all wrong with your choice of player, but if you're looking for a small footprint, as far as I'm aware, nothing beats Foobar. And it's simple interface hides an absolute wealth of sophisticated features.

Just thought I'd mention that. :)

You are correct Dennis! Foobar does have a small footprint. Just checked again with Foobar minimized and it does hover around 3mb. Notice that I had not uninstalled Foobar ;) I liked it so I kept it along with Spider.

Happy Listening :rolleyes: