Freeware!

rridgely

• 2 weeks later...

Alright this is slightly different one. A FREEWARE that respects your privacy. Encrypt [Password-protect] any of your files from prying eyes.The following are features that really set it apart from all other file encryption tools, commercial as well as free:

Double-click to edit/view with any application.

Automatic re-encryption after modification.

Absolutely no user configuration necessary or possible before use.

Open source under GNU General Public License.

7 languages in one executable distribution.

Extensive command-line interface for scripting and programming.

Other features

Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2K/XP compatible.

AES encryption with 128-bit keys.

Edit an encrypted document directly with double-click.

Optional pass phrase cache - type pass phrases once per logon and/or reboot.

Automatic pass phrase validation before decryption or editing.

Key-File generation and support.

No options or user interface - easy to install and use.

Relatively light-weight, less than 1Mb download

Extensive command-line interface.

Server mode options.

Huge file support > 4GB (on Windows NT/2K/XP).

Dynamic brute force counter measure - iterative key wrapping.

Integrates well with web based file sharing services.

Selective compression before encryption - faster downloads/uploads.

Retains original file name and information of an encrypted file.

Integrated shredder.

Shredding of all temporary and encrypted plaintext files.

Secure memory handling - no keys or data in the paging file.

Industry standard algorithms.

Data integrity verification - no undetected modification.

Unique data encryption keys used for every file and (re-)encryption.

Polyglot - currently speaks English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian and Swedish.

Easy to add more languages - contact me (I'm especially looking for Nordic languages)!

Open source - no backdoors.

Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions.

It's FREE!

Download latest version CLICK HERE

Ignore this if it featured above B)

http://www.baxbex.com/products.html

The following are free for home use:

FolderBox - "displays additional folders in the lower part of Explorer, which enables your to display the contents of two folders at once. You can set-up and configure up to five FolderBoxes over the tab sheets of the FolderBox extension. You can even use FolderBox inside Internet Explorer!"

bxNewFolder - "adds a "New Folder" button to the toolbar of Windows Explorer. It also provides a hotkey (F12) to create a new folder within the Explorer quickly."

OpenExpert - "Simply install our freeware OpenExpert and you will be able to configure every single existing filetype with its own "open with..." submenu extension. Now you can quickly and simply choose which application you want to open that particular file. Right click the mouse and select the program to open the file."

IrfanView ShellExtension - "IrfanView Shell Extension is a Freeware Dll that adds the ability to call some IrfanView functions from within the Windows Explorer."

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

• 3 weeks later...

MailStore Home

MailStore Home enables you to backup all your email messages from multiple applications and accounts into one secure and persistent archive. Lightning-fast search, one-click backup, powerful export - all information from your email is at your fingertips anytime. Never lose important email again!

http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home.aspx

• Moderators

Tomahawk PDF+ v3.0.1 has been released. It's what I've been using for a couple of years to make PDF documents, and it doesn't require any other programs to make PDF's unlike many other free PDF makers. It's as easy to use as Microsoft Word!

Supports:

* Microsoft Windows 9x up to Windows 2003. Does NOT mention any support for Windows Vista.

* Runs on Linux systems using Wine v0.9.19.

About:

Tomahawk PDF+ gives you a complete PDF file creation suite right on your computer. Tomahawk PDF+ is the freeware version of Tomahawk Gold. The freeware version may not have all the bells and whistles of the full version of Tomahawk Gold but it is still one of the most advanced word processing/pdf creation software packages available for the Windows platform. This comfortably designed program with a familiar interface that's easy to use, allows documents to be produced and saved in a number of formats, including:

* Rich Text.

* Exported as HTML.

* Converted to PDF.

Net Tools - "Net Tools is a comprehensive set of host monitoring, network scanning, security, administration tools and much more, all with a highly intuitive user interface. It's an ideal tool for those who work in the network security, administration, training, internet forensics or law enforcement internet crimes fields. Net Tools is mainly written in Microsoft Visual Basic 6, Visual C++, Visual C# and Visual Studio .NET."

Net Tools - "Net Tools is a comprehensive set of host monitoring, network scanning, security, administration tools and much more, all with a highly intuitive user interface. It's an ideal tool for those who work in the network security, administration, training, internet forensics or law enforcement internet crimes fields. Net Tools is mainly written in Microsoft Visual Basic 6, Visual C++, Visual C# and Visual Studio .NET."

While extracting the contents of the ZIP file for the "Webserver" app to Program Files, I got a virus alert from AntiVir telling me that app's main EXE file contains trojan "TR/VB/Small.2564096." Does this program contain a real virus, or is this one of those false positives?

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• 2 weeks later...

40tude Dialog - "40tude Dialog is a feature loaded, multi-server, multi-threaded Windows newsreader with Unicode character support. It supports multiple servers and identities, has filtering/scoring support, integrated email functionality and binary support including support for multiparts. 40tude Dialog has a multilingual GUI. Currently English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Croatian and Greek translations are available. "

Xnews -

• 100% GNKSA 2.0 (Good Net Keeping Seal of Approval) compliant.
  • Plonk file (aka bozo bin).
  • Quick filter (type in a regex and only articles whose subject/author match it will be shown)
  • Score file for advanced filtering.
  • Support for multiple servers/identities.
  • Subscribed groups can be organized into categories.
  • Remappable keyboard.
  • Binaries handling (mime, base64, uuencode, what have you).
  • Optional header and article caching; plus: folders for permanent archival.
  • more...

• Moderators

SMPlayer

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/

SMPlayer is a very nice, and impressive multilingual frontend for MPlayer. It includes practically everything needed to playback most video and audio formats. Extra Codecs can be found on the MPlayer download page under Binary Codec Packages. Note: I'm linking to the extra codecs on MPlayer because the extra codecs setup package from SMPlayer messes with the original SMPlayer uninstaller.

I think I've finally found the perfect video playing software in SMPlayer after trying a myriad of others over the past couple of years!

Info:

SMPlayer intends to be a complete front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more.

One of the most interesting features of SMPlayer: it remembers the settings of all files you play. So you start to watch a movie but you have to leave... don't worry, when you open that movie again it will resume at the same point you left it, and with the same settings: audio track, subtitles, volume...

Other additional interesting features:

* Configurable subtitles. You can choose font and size, and even colors for the subtitles.

* Audio track switching. You can choose the audio track you want to listen. Works with avi and mkv. And of course with DVDs.

* Seeking by mouse wheel. You can use your mouse wheel to go forward or backward in the video.

* Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.

* Multiple speed playback. You can play at 2X, 4X... and even in slow motion.

* Filters. Several filters are available: deinterlace, postprocessing, denoise... and even a karaoke filter (voice removal).

* Audio and subtitles delay adjustment. Allows you to sync audio and subtitles.

* Advanced options, such as selecting a demuxer or video & audio codecs.

* Playlist. Allows you to enqueue several files to be played one after each other. Autorepeat and shuffle supported too.

* Preferences dialog. You can easily configure every option of SMPlayer by using a nice preferences dialog.

* Translations: currently SMPlayer is translated into more than 20 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese....

* It's multiplatform. Binaries available for Windows and Linux.

* SMPlayer is under the GPL license.

* Video equalizer, allows you to adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma of the video image.

Is that inherent in the program or does that rely heavily on what video card you have?

• Moderators
Is that inherent in the program or does that rely heavily on what video card you have?

Don't know yet, I've haven't even been using it for 24 hours as of yet. I would think the video card if modern enough, i.e.; something from WinXP and newer would suffice.

SMPlayer

download187.png SMPlayer Setup Version (for Windows)

download187.png SMPlayer Portable Version (for Windows)

SMPlayer is a very nice, and impressive multilingual frontend for MPlayer. It includes practically everything needed to playback most video and audio formats. Extra Codecs can be found on the MPlayer download page under Binary Codec Packages. Note: I'm linking to the extra codecs on MPlayer because the extra codecs setup package from SMPlayer messes with the original SMPlayer uninstaller.

I think I've finally found the perfect video playing software in SMPlayer after trying a myriad of others over the past couple of years!

Info:

Get the newer smplayer.exe and qtxml4.dll here:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/source/

Edit: Video EQ can be soft. or hard. (in pref's)

How to compile smplayer on windows

• Moderators
Get the newer smplayer.exe and qtxml4.dll here:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/source/

Edit: Video EQ can be soft. or hard. (in pref's)

Are those stable builds though, and not just in testing phase? I only ask because the download on SourceForge is stable and rock solid.

I try to stay as up to date as I can with them and maybe once I had a problem that may have been due to using them, but it could have been due to my failing hard disk(causing many problems, very well could be this). They won't crash left and right if that's what you mean. Generally stable.