UPDATES!

Dev

Ok so I was thinking CCleaner should be created for the Mac OS X platform. Alot of college students have Macs, me being one of them :P and I think CCleaner makes things very simple so thats why I trust it. (if google can make a mac browser, I think you guys can make a Mac OS X cleaner :P)

Second thing Id like to see its CCleaner Mobile for Windows Mobile phones 5 and 6. ALOT of people in the business world have phones running windows mobile and Id like CCleaner to get into the Mobile world.

I know what I would like to see is the removal of Secure Deletion.

I believe this gives rise to false security when being on the Internet because whatever you do on the Internet has the ability to be tracked.

See:

Some have criticized Gutmann's claim that intelligence agencies are likely to be able to read overwritten data

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutmann_method

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

You're not on any sort of crusade, are you Kenny?

I think that Piriform should write an application that runs forever, constantly seeking and overwriting anything it finds, then cycling round and starting again ad infinitum. Eventually the disk will fall to its knees.

Still, with all those West African hustlers running electron scanning microscopes in clean rooms on your old disk platters, just in case there's some useful info there, you can't be too careful.

Ah The Crusades when Men where Men and Maidens were Merrie:

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/cru1.htm

Those Large Hadron Collider hackers may get their hands on it then they could invent a new keyloger that would no doubt plunge the world into more economic crisis.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Back on subject :P OP what are some of the "Crap" created by MACs and WinMo???? I thought for sure that macs where better House cleaners and they definitly don't have a registry (for instance with palmOS there is some exchange information left bewhind and there are cleaners for it but not enough to request CCleaner for Palm)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I have an at&t tilt and it comes with pocket IE wich sucks, So I decided to install Opera Mobile and all that created alot of crap that takes up space. CCleaner would definately be usefull for pocket PC users. As for mac, Yes it does clean well by itslef in terms of temp files, Im talking about having CCleaner to empty trash and Internet stuff. Im currently using Onyx to do that, but im not sure if it does simple deletion or secure deletion of the files :/ I trust CCleaner because I know for a fact that it uses secure deletion.

also YoKenny, everybody and thier cousin knows that you can get tracked on the internet, Thats not what my secure deletion is for... besides, Im behind 7 different proxies :D