question re Defraggler & JKDefrag

razz

I downloaded your Defraggler and I also have JKDefrag. Both seem excellent to me.

In your opinion what is the main difference between the two and are they both equally good or not?

Thank you for your time.

Well Defraggler is a simple defragger. You can pick and choose which files to defrag, you can have the whole drive defragged, and optionally defrag the free space.

For defragging the whole drive though, JkDefrag has more options. For example it can optimize files in various ways (sorting by name, size, last modified, etc).

I downloaded your Defraggler and I also have JKDefrag. Both seem excellent to me.

In your opinion what is the main difference between the two and are they both equally good or not?

Thank you for your time.

Both good for different reasons. Both good for Analysis purposes.

For daily use you will find Defraggler the speediest file/folder defragger, most informative and the easiest.

JkDefrag is best for optimizing but optimizing is not needed that often.

A quick defrag is not needed every day either.

Windows Disk Defragmenter is the simplest and safest for MOST users.

:) davey

This has been discussed before in http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17584

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Jkdefrag may be good, but looks like a bad GUI and complicated.

There's absolutely nothing complicated about JkDefrag in any way shape or form.

You simply run JkDefrag.exe or any of the other executables provided in the zip package and they automatically defrag using the recommended settings - yes automatically defrag without having to click a single thing in the program, or fiddle with any settings.