Security certificate expired

jkurilla

Hi everybody,,

I downloaded the new version of CCleaner and ran it and ever since I ran it, I have been getting problems logging into my email accounts saying the site's certificate has expired. For example when I use Mozilla Firefox and login to Comcast.net for my email it won't let me but if I use Internet Explorer it will let me by giving me the error window and I select the botton not recommended this site could be bad die to security certificate. Does anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks Joe

Hi everybody,,

I downloaded the new version of CCleaner and ran it and ever since I ran it, I have been getting problems logging into my email accounts saying the site's certificate has expired. For example when I use Mozilla Firefox and login to Comcast.net for my email it won't let me but if I use Internet Explorer it will let me by giving me the error window and I select the botton not recommended this site could be bad die to security certificate. Does anybody have any suggestions.

Thanks Joe

Hi jkurilla,

I think this may be coincidental. This is a first to my knowledge.

It may be an FF3 thing but you may have accidentally clicked something.

At Internet Options > Advanced tab click on the "Restore advanced settings" button.( DO NOT accidentally click Reset...) Then click on "Apply" then OK.

Good luck,

:) davey

Edited by davey

• 3 months later...

Hi. I am guessing you have solved this problem... but if you haven't

I was having the same problem with not only regular websites but also signing in with my zune account. It turned out that my clock was changed to August 16. It is December 23rd. I don't know why, but I really think that it was CCleaner. And I ain't no computer dummy. When I set the clock to today, problem gone. Good luck dude.

Hello GayFace,

Welcome. :D

Thanks for this information.

This may relate to the other users problem. Clocks do get reset manually, and sometimes by software designed for this purpose. Many users clocks are automatically reset at boot time or according to a schedule.

I don't think CCleaner can do anything to your System Clock. However it is often run prior to restarting or shutdown with a re-boot the next day.

Check this relative thread.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=119734

:) davey